Gibson Brands Forums

Just like that and I have a strat

callen3615

sweet guitar' date=' one thing I dont understand about all guitars with the locking posts is why? The problem with string tuning usually happens on the actual nut so locking the machine heads do nothing to help tuning. A few years ago Fender offered a roller nut on their Ultra Strats and Tele's, since those were roller nuts and zero friction then the locking posts actually did a function.

I am by no way trying to take away from your new guitar. Thats my fav Strat finish and over all I have been gassing for that guitar for two years. We did a gig and the act that opened for us the lead guitar player had this guitar and I played it for maybe 10 minutes. The color is so pretty in real life and I know those pictures do not do the finish justice, congrats again.[/quote']

You're right about problems with string tuning at the nut and the zero friction roller nut. The locking posts will keep new strings from stretching and going flat. They work great with roller nuts and also with traditional style nuts that are cut properly and lubricated.

Archived