Gibson Brands Forums

Value of Gibson Les Paul Special "Faded"

shotgunshooter3

Hello all, I am new to this forum. I am an acoustic player right now but my heart has always belonged to the electrics. I have lusted over a Les Paul for years but have never been able to afford one. I have, however, found what I hope to be a gem at a local guitar store. It is a 2003 Gibson Les Paul Special "Faded" model, and they are asking $480 (it is used). I would love to jump all over this guitar, but first I would like to see if I'm getting hosed or not.

Does anyone have any input? It is hard to judge condition seeing as it was painted to look worn out already. I would really appreciate any input!!!

Those are Good and it is before Gibson started Manufacturing Guitars with swiss-chesse weight Relieved Holes.

I personally perfer them and it should be kinda Heavy.

If it's a Refinished one that would Explain the low price.

For more Gibson's in the 500 dollar Range, check out Guitarcenter.com/used

Those are Good and it is before Gibson started Manufacturing Guitars with swiss-chesse weight Relieved Holes.

I personally perfer them and it should be kinda Heavy.

If it's a Refinished one that would Explain the low price.

For more Gibson's in the 500 dollar Range' date=' check out Guitarcenter.com/used[/quote']Or, because it's a Les Paul Special - a slab body, so no chambering or weight-relieving, and it is a Faded series, not refinished.

Since they were only $800, brand new, two years ago, that really explains the price.

These guitars are actually very light. I nearly bought one - they have nice fast necks and the P90s are wonderful.

There are quite a few posts about these guitars along with photos. People talk about them very highly particularly given the price.

At present in Australia you can get both the single cut and the double cut

Thanks for the input guys. I know that it's not the most refined Gibson out there but compared to the Epiphones I have looked at the quality is still better. I think I may have to go put it on lay-away and get it out once I'm done with training (gotta love the Army)!

Archived