Gibson Brands Forums

Custom order Gibson

Robertmegar

Hello everyone! I have been looking around and though this has been touched in the past there has been no real recent update..... Can I order a one-off from the CS???

In truth, I want I guitar that's similar to a few Gibsons out there but not quite exact. Basically I want a 339, double florentine cutaway, toggle switch in upper cutaway, block/trap inlays. Thin neck.... thats it.

Hello everyone! I have been looking around and though this has been touched in the past there has been no real recent update..... Can I order a one-off from the CS???

In truth' date=' I want I guitar that's similar to a few Gibsons out there but not quite exact. Basically I want a 339, double florentine cutaway, toggle switch in upper cutaway, block/trap inlays. Thin neck.... thats it.[/quote']

Have a loook at the Jonny A model, Sounds just like what you are looking for....

The Johnny A model is a completely hollow guitar without any center block inside, and it's made of a solid top and back like a 336, as opposed to a 339 which is a baby sized 335 with laminated ribs and top and back and a solid center block inside. Also the JohnnyA is a different scale length. On the other hand, you might like the sound and feel of it and it's a beautiful guitar with the pointy cutaways and any number of finishes (I saw him play one with a translucent black quilt top and a gold back) with or without a Bigsby.

You should be able to get a custom shop quote from a dealer, I just inquired about an R7 with an R9 neck and the shop owner gave me a price quote the same day. No idea how long it would take to get the order, though. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Hi all - anyone have production stats (how many / how rare, etc.) on the "aged Pelham Blue" Les Paul Custom ? I got to play one when I was at a Les Paul show in Milwaukee last month. Did not have the dough to buy her, but I'm obsessed!! Thanks!

LPCustomPelhamBlueAgedClip1.jpg

IMG00065-20090419-1521_sz1.jpg

It is my understanding that they only do custom orders on successful production models... i.e. Les Pauls, SGs etc.

No one-off modernes, futuras or anything without existing tooling/templates.

It is my understanding that they only do custom orders on successful production models... i.e. Les Pauls' date=' SGs etc.

No one-off modernes, futuras or anything without existing tooling/templates.[/quote']

i'm asking for a simply gibson '84 Explorer...i know that there is the guitar of the week Explorer '84 reissue, but i can0t find anyone...

Archived