Gibson Brands Forums

What do you use to wipe your guitar down after use. Just curious

eeh1

C'mon Edgar.....

Sweat (water with disolved chlorides, cresols, lactate and urea) can have a pH down around 4. That's like pouring lemonade or cola on your guitar. Acidic enough to corrode strings and not too good for fingerboard and frets either.

Sweat comes off your fingers along with sebum, which is mainly fats, wax and triglycerides, which build up in wound strings and around the frets - not exactly aids to tone.

THAT'S why you just might want to wipe her down after use.....

I use Power Chord guitar polish and Viva paper towels. Viva is the closest thing to cotton with no lint and you don't have to wash them(no detergents). Use them several times until they get too grubby or torn then throw it away and tear off another from the roll.

C'mon Edgar.....

Sweat (water with disolved chlorides' date=' cresols, lactate and urea) ...sebum, which is mainly fats, wax and triglycerides, ....

aka "Body Grunge"

"Lactate"? =P~ Anybody's arm been lactating lately?... or maybe... aw .. never mind. :- This ain't the Lounge. =P~

C'mon Edgar.....

Sweat (water with disolved chlorides' date=' cresols, lactate and urea) can have a pH down around 4. That's like pouring lemonade or cola on your guitar. Acidic enough to corrode strings and not too good for fingerboard and frets either.

Sweat comes off your fingers along with sebum, which is mainly fats, wax and triglycerides, which build up in wound strings and around the frets - not exactly aids to tone.

[i']THAT'S[/i] why you just might want to wipe her down after use.....

But, I take a bath every Sunday whether I need one or not.

But' date=' I take a bath every Sunday whether I need one or not.[/quote']

Ahhhhh! Edgar's the one bringin' soap to church and leavin' a ring around the baptismal font. :-

Archived