Gibson Brands Forums

Im GASing for a Dave Murray Stratocaster

dem00n

Have fun in the Big Apple' date=' I looked at the bigger picture and it does look different to the trem on my strat, but I can't see how it would lock. I still haven't got around to putting all the springsback in my trem which helps with the tuning thing, but being a metal guy I imagine you will be giving the old Whammy more of a ride than I ever do, that said I guess all those Iron Maiden squeelies and such mean that a Dave Murray Sig should have that base covered, what mods does he have on his guitars I imagine theres plenty of gear pages on the web with all of those answers. I'm going to google Synchronized Trems now and see wtf they are.[/quote']

True...i acutal checked out my friends strat and they seem to be diffrent comparing them side by side.

I think your right Thudergod' date=' If I were you Demon I'd get a stock american standard strat ( probably second hand and get a guitar tech to swap out the pickups for those demarzios and a vintage middle and get a floyd rose trem and locking nut fitted thats likely what Dave Murray did in the first place, if you want to get it signed go to an Iron Maiden gig and take it with you.

The finished article would be less expensive and way more cool.[/quote']

Hmm true...ill think about it thanks for the help. Not all my guitars need a floyd...:- .

Dave didn't always use a locking tremolo on his stratocaster' date=' especially in the early days.[/quote']

I guess I am stating the obvious here, there were no locking tremolos in the early days of Iron Maiden.

Man when I first started to listen to Iron Maiden in the early 80's Dave was my hero, I used to listen to him in awe.

Then one day much later on I heard him talk for the fist time with that big lisp, I LMAO...

The sad thing is I am going thru some marital difficulties at the moment and all my gear, except for the acoustic is in storage. The Dave Murray Strat has never even been plugged in. I played around with it for a couple of hours unplugged and the one thing you notice is the neck. The neck is exceptionally comfortable and easy to play. I am hoping that by the end of the year when things stablize I will be able to get my gear back and give the Strat, and my Les Paul some well needed playing.

Archived