Gibson Brands Forums

Why "James Dean" by The Eagles Sounds So Good

Californiaman

I don't usually chime in on these but couldn't resist this one. Yes, the Eagles have lots of politics spread all over their music ever since the beginning. Whether you you know it or not. Mainly Henely's fault I'd say. And yes, they did become quite "pop" as they progressed. But their accomplishments are unsurpassed in the industry.

Can anyone here beat these?

The Eagles have won six Grammy awards:

(1975) Best Pop Vocal Performance by a Duo, Group or Chorus: "Lyin' Eyes"

(1977) Record of the Year: "Hotel California" (single)

(1977) Best Arrangement for Voices: "New Kid in Town"

(1979) Best Rock Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group: "Heartache Tonight"

(2008) Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals: ""How Long"

(2009) Best Pop Instrumental Performance: "I Dreamed There Was No War"

The group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.

On December 7, 1999 the Recording Industry of America honored the group with the Best Selling Album of the Century for Their Greatest Hits (1971–1975).

The Eagles were inducted into the Vocal Group Hall of Fame in 2001.

The group ranked number 34 on CMT's 40 Greatest Men of Country Music in 2003. They were one of four artists who were either a duo or a group on the list with the others being Alabama at number eleven, Flatt & Scruggs at number 24, and Brooks & Dunn at number 25.

Hmmmm... didn't think so. Just saying!

How's about some Merle Haggard or Buck Owens? Maybe just a little Dwight Yoakam now and again. Love that song "Blame the Vain" and "Long White Cadillac."

Dwight's guitarist Pete Anderson is incredible.

Blame

Here I go getting all California, again. Buck Owens Kicks Buns. (Sorry Gibson) He was responsible for the popularity of Telecatsers in Country Music that helped sustain Fender through he 50's and put Bakersfield on the Map. You have no idea how surprised I was when I found out Bakersfield had a Country Scene back in the day.

My brother from California' date=' thanks for putting a smile on my face this afternoon.

We do have to pay homage to those who blazed the trail before us.

Buck and Don Rich are two such men.

[b']Hammer of the Honky-Tonk Gods[/b].

That's the coolest thing I've heard Country Stars called.

I don't usually chime in on these but couldn't resist this one. Yes' date=' the Eagles have lots of politics spread all over their music ever since the beginning. Whether you you know it or not. Mainly Henely's fault I'd say. And yes, they did become quite "pop" as they progressed. But their accomplishments are unsurpassed in the industry.

Can anyone here beat these?

The Eagles have won six Grammy awards:

(1975) Best Pop Vocal Performance by a Duo, Group or Chorus: "Lyin' Eyes"

(1977) Record of the Year: "Hotel California" (single)

(1977) Best Arrangement for Voices: "New Kid in Town"

(1979) Best Rock Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group: "Heartache Tonight"

(2008) Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals: ""How Long"

(2009) Best Pop Instrumental Performance: "I Dreamed There Was No War"

The group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.

On December 7, 1999 the Recording Industry of America honored the group with the Best Selling Album of the Century for Their Greatest Hits (1971–1975).

The Eagles were inducted into the Vocal Group Hall of Fame in 2001.

The group ranked number 34 on CMT's 40 Greatest Men of Country Music in 2003. They were one of four artists who were either a duo or a group on the list with the others being Alabama at number eleven, Flatt & Scruggs at number 24, and Brooks & Dunn at number 25.

Hmmmm... didn't think so. Just saying!

[/quote']

A big pile of awards doesn't mean a helluva lot to me.

Brittney has some, so does Michael Jackson, The Bay City Rollers, Boy George, Donny Osmond, ect.

It's art. I know what I like.

I do like Pete Anderson......

Just sayin'....

Archived