Gibson Brands Forums

(faded cherry)Gibson es-335 '63 block reissue (historic) custom shop

GuitarDennis

I wanted to order a Gibson es-335 '63 block reissue (historic) custom shop. So i asked a store in Amsterdam (Dirk Witte) if they could order one in the colour faded cherry. But thet could only deliver the es-335 in ebony or sunburst. So my Question is:

Does anybody know if I could order a Gibson es-335 '63 block reissue (historic) custom shop in the colour faded cherry at a other store in the Netherlands? Or do you know a other possibility so i can purchase one?

I've spoken to an other dealer now. He said he could deliver it, but he also said that the model I want is a non core model. He said that the previous time somebody bought this guitar, the delivery time was 14 months. Admin, does it always take that long?

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello everyone !

Question for the admin :

Please could you tell me the differences between the ES-335 Block ( ](*,) Custom shop with coa !??) and the ES-335 Historic RI '63 ?

Exept the pickups , Burstbuckers on the ES 335 Block and '57 Classics on the Historic ... I cannot see ( on the pics & description ) big differences.

Thank you +:-@

Regards,

Pat

I don't believe that there currently is a "Custom Admin." Anyway if you search there are a few threads in the semi-hollowbody section on this. The Historics are made in the Nashville Custom Shop. The rest of the ES guitars are made in the Memphis (not Nashville, edit) Custom facility (COA, gold-lettered case, etc). There was a rumor after the Jan. NAMM show that the ES Historics would also be made in Memphis but I don't know if anybody confirmed that.

I don't believe that there currently is a "Custom Admin." Anyway if you search there are a few threads in the semi-hollowbody section on this. The Historics are made in the Nashville Custom Shop. The rest of the ES guitars are made in the Nashville Custom facility (COA' date=' gold-lettered case, etc). There was a rumor after the Jan. NAMM show that the ES Historics would also be made in Memphis but I don't know if anybody confirmed that.[/quote']

Thanks bobv !

My ES-335 Block ( not the Historic '63 ) was made last year in Memphis TN and have a COA and gold-lettered *Custom case(!?!)

• 1 month later...
OOPs. I meant to say the rest of the ES guitars are made in the MEMPHIS Custom facility. Like my 339. There's a video about it on Gibson's site (well' date=' at least before they redesigned the web site).[/quote']

ALL ES-335 bodies are build in Memphis since 2000. Bodies for Historics are then shipped on lorries to Nashville to get neck, finish and guts. Take a look here: http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157498

• 6 months later...

Archived