Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Reissues the L-20!!!???

onewilyfool

I had PB D'Addario's 12's for a while, then Martin SP's.......then settled on Elixir's Nano's 12's, just cause I'm lazy about changing strings.....and I DON'T like them for the first couple of weeks.....then they settle in, and last a LONG time......I've heard some people have had some trouble with the "G" String breaking......happened to me once.....

Glad to have helped onewilyfool! Nice choice!!

What do you find to be the best string choice for yours? I'm always switching around.

Both onewilyfool and quainttwang.. I would be glad to do exhaustive testing and arduous empirical evaluation to find you both the perfect strings for your L-20s ... Just both of you PM me and I will send you my shipping address. Once I receive your guitars I will buy and try every brand of string that might be worth considering. I will try them on the two L-20s until I find a set of strings that sounds wonderful on both of them. This would resolve any issues with the strings sounding good on one and not the other.

Because I am such a great guy I won't even charge you for the years and years of devoted and concerted labor on my part.

:- :-

Archived