Gibson Brands Forums

Isolation Transformers

Bluemoon

Anyone use them for clean power for their amps?

I am having a ton of issues at home with dirty power. My amp shares a circuit with a ton of crap--dimmers, etc. I could get an electrician in and run a separate circuit...but I think it would be fairly expensive.

So I was thinking of getting one of these...I can get it from Amazon for $91--which ain't too bad.

Thoughts?

We use them at work for clean power, they work nice. Never tried them for my amps, but don't see hy they wouldn't work. But some amps consume more power than the 200 watts that can put out. my peavey 100watt head consumes 300watts from the ac line. check your amps power consumption from the ac line. 200 watts is only 2 light bulbs. just lighting the tubes is alot of wall power.

I've been studying up on this technology for a little while now, more from an investment standpoint but, any road up, it helps with any electronic data, audio or video equipment. S'posed to be immediately noticeable. Hope you're satisfied with your results, I'll be interested in hearing your opinion.

Used to install 'spark chokes', on tape decks in my cars back in the 70's. They were essentially a small transformer and a capacitor. Worked great to filter out the spark plug noise.

Never had need of one. But sounds like a deal.

For $177.00, you couldn't even get an electrician to come to your door, let alone run a new circuit.

Let us know how it works.

We use them at work for clean power' date=' they work nice. Never tried them for my amps, but don't see hy they wouldn't work. But some amps consume more power than the 200 watts that can put out. my peavey 100watt head consumes 300watts from the ac line. check your amps power consumption from the ac line. 200 watts is only 2 light bulbs. just lighting the tubes is alot of wall power.[/quote']

With respect, Yoda, if you'll trim the stars in your sig line to just 10 it will provide the break between post and signature but won't require us to scroll all the way across the page to read your posts. Just sayin'...

Thanks

With respect' date=' Yoda, if you'll trim the stars in your sig line to just 10 it will provide the break between post and signature but won't require us to scroll all the way across the page to read your posts. Just sayin'...

Thanks[/quote']

On my screen it does not do that maybe you need a wider screen. But I will just for you hun :D

Archived