Gibson Brands Forums

Is this a legit SG?

kruliosis

With only that one picture I wouldn't even want to begin guessing.

Not up to date on current models, so no idea if the claim is potentially legitimate or not.

I'd have thought someone trying to sell a fifteen-hundred dollar guitar would have posted a few more pictures, and more informative ones at that, personally. But then I'd never buy something like a car, guitar or camera equipment for more than a hundred quid or so that I hadn't touched... especially something as personal as a guitar.

I can't tell due to the size of the pic, but the headstock doesn't look right, and not to mention the fact that, as far as I know :-k;), vintage SGs (Custom, or not) weren't available in a sunburst finish, and I would assume that the RIs would be the same. So I would say...PASS!

Unless there's any way for the seller to provide more detailed pics, it's going to be hard to tell for sure.

It's fake.

First of all, zero feedback = red flag.

Never mind the fact that he's dumb enough to post a question where someone calls him a liar and his guitar a fake, check out his answer...

"I don't know what your problem is but you need to get over it this product comes straight from my manufacture. It's brand new and has never been played!"

Oh really? So you own Gibson?

If it were brand new from Gibson, it would have the correct case, and it would have the newer black COA.

It's fake.

First of all' date=' zero feedback = red flag.

Never mind the fact that he's dumb enough to post a question where someone calls him a liar and his guitar a fake, check out his answer...

[i']"I don't know what your problem is but you need to get over it this product comes straight from my manufacture. It's brand new and has never been played!"[/i]

Oh really? So you own Gibson?

If it were brand new from Gibson, it would have the correct case, and it would have the newer black COA.

+100. And if you look VERY close at the TRC, you can almost see THREE screws! FAKE!

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that most, not all, brand new Gibsons for sale on Ebay are either fake, or are used to lure some unsuspecting person into buying...well, you know (bait and switch). Which is why I REFUSE to buy ANYTHING, not just guitars, online.

Buying guitars online is like a box of chocolates...you NEVER know what your going to get! I know, that's not how it goes, but hey, it works!

Archived