Gibson Brands Forums

One Wiley Fool, what's happening?

larryp58

OWF, what's happening out there on the west coast as far as new acoustic music? New bands? New solo acts? California always seems to break the mold, like it or not. Same ol' same ol' down south in the Carolinas. I think Bluegrass is fixin' to bust out big time. Peace, Bro!

Larry....I would love to hear about what is going on in the Carolinas. Birthplace of the Piedmont style blues ...Etta Baker ...etc..

Here is a couple Cali guys ....you gotta get past the first minute or two of BS before they do thier song.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Wow, random... my trio played a cafe gig with these guys last year in Palo Alto.

They were great. Great sound, voices, etc. Super nice guys too. The AJ sounded

excellent live.

Thanks for sharing!

Here is a couple Cali guys ....you gotta get past the first minute or two of BS before they do thier song.

Larry....I would love to hear about what is going on in the Carolinas. Birthplace of the Piedmont style blues ...Etta Baker ...etc..

Nodehopper, check these guys out. In my early teens, I played with these guys some.

Larry....Well, I'm doing some open mics lately, so I am new to the scene.....lol. Bob Dylan played in Oakland last weekend.....I'm an old f@rt so am not on the leading edge of new music, but I will post anytime I find something good. Hope you are doing well....Wily

By the way, my stage name is Blue Wily Fox.........

Larry....Well' date=' I'm doing some open mics lately, so I am new to the scene.....lol. Bob Dylan played in Oakland last weekend.....I'm an old f@rt so am not on the leading edge of new music, but I will post anytime I find something good. Hope you are doing well....Wily

By the way, my stage name is Blue Wily Fox.........[/quote']

I'm with you, man! Us ol' farts are still jammin' to the good old stuff! It's hard to top it!

Archived