Gibson Brands Forums

Great Deal on Robot LP Studio

Apothecurious

That's what I'm affraid of' date=' but if it does happen, I called it.:-

Hell, they make "Player Pianos", why not "Player Guitars"?

[/quote']

Player pianos have a mechanism that triggers the hammers to strike the strings... I don't see how they could do that with a guitar unless they hard wire your brain...

Maybe they'll clear them out and then release a guitar that plays itself!

Maybe they'll clear them out and then release a guitar that joins an online forum and uses sarcasm to mask jealousy or fear of change and progress!

Personally, I've always wanted a Les Paul standard/custom in a blue finish. Being colorblind, it's the only color I can appreciate. I also don't like putting a tuner in my signal path and I didn't want to haul 4 guitars to every gig. Yeah, I know how to tune my guitar, but while gigging, it takes too long to tune from standard to some of the other tunings. Drop D is quick, but most aren't and the crowd doesn't like waiting between songs or having whole sets played in one tuning. It's no worse than Dickey Betts, Gary Moore, or Eddie Van Halen having a guitar tech do this while performing live. (I'm not comparing my playing ability, just that it's ok to not manually tune your guitar yourself).

Maybe they'll clear them out and then release a guitar that joins an online forum and uses sarcasm to mask jealousy or fear of change and progress!

Personally' date=' I've always wanted a Les Paul standard/custom in a blue finish. Being colorblind, it's the only color I can appreciate. I also don't like putting a tuner in my signal path and I didn't want to haul 4 guitars to every gig. Yeah, I know how to tune my guitar, but while gigging, it takes too long to tune from standard to some of the other tunings. Drop D is quick, but most aren't and the crowd doesn't like waiting between songs or having whole sets played in one tuning. It's no worse than Dickey Betts, Gary Moore, or Eddie Van Halen having a guitar tech do this while performing live. (I'm not comparing my playing ability, just that it's ok to not manually tune your guitar yourself).

[/quote']

Or join an online forum and take sarcastic remarks way too seriously!

Bubba,

Don't worry, I wasn't taking it way too seriously. I responded in kind. In fact, I was smiling while reading your post and while typing mine. With that being said, there is some truth to all comments. Certainly, no one has to buy a robot, but for those of us who did, we deserve respect for making our own choice and choosing what's best for us.

It does make a person wonder what a critical person would have said 60 some years ago when LP put some pickups on 'the log'. Would you have been the person saying, 'cool, you may be onto something' or would you have been the person (and there were quite a few at the time) that said, 'a solid guitar? you won't be able to get any real or warm sounds out of it without the body vibrating and resonating.' Thank god there were some open minded visionary pioneers or we would all still be playing 335'S.

Derek,

I have not had any issues while tuning manually. Just make sure you pull the tuning head out to disengage the auto motor, then push back in to engage the gears.

Bubba' date='

Don't worry, I wasn't taking it way too seriously. I responded in kind. In fact, I was smiling while reading your post and while typing mine. With that being said, there is some truth to all comments. Certainly, no one has to buy a robot, but for those of us who did, we deserve respect for making our own choice and choosing what's best for us.

[/quote']

No sweat man! I cant help my sarcasm, or my technophobia. My lady thinks it's all part of my "charm" at least the sarcasm part.

We did have a huge argument about powered windows in a car.

Ah, the powered window debate. Manual winders are great if the car ends up in the water and shorts out the electrical, but power windows are more about the windows not by the person in question. I can crank mine open/closed, but if I have to lower all 4 to cool the car or to lower the rear ones for the dog, power is the only way to go. Sorry, had to add my 2 cents on that one too : )

Archived