Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul construction start to finish?

MattmLamb

Hey guys didnt know where to ask this question but I will try here.

I am doing a research report on Gibson and The Les Paul for my 7th form internal paper

and it would be GREATLY appreciated if someone could give me a run down on how exactly a

Les Paul is constructed, Ive looked everywhere and I cant find any good information

Please any help would be awesome! and a quick reply would be great to I need to get this report done

quickly.

Thank You!

Thanks for the help guys but I was looking for more of a run down like' date=' first what wood is chosen then what happens after that then so on and so forth.[/quote']

you talkin bout a lp standard? or another model

Hey guys didnt know where to ask this question but I will try here.

I am doing a research report on Gibson and The Les Paul for my 7th form internal paper

and it would be GREATLY appreciated if someone could give me a run down on how exactly a

Les Paul is constructed' date=' Ive looked everywhere and I cant find any good information

Please any help would be awesome! and a quick reply would be great to I need to get this report done

quickly.

Thank You![/quote']

This might help...

The Making of a Gibson Custom Guitar

See if youtube or the network web sites have archives of a tv show called "some assembly required" where some lucky dufus got to tour the GibsonUSA factory and trace the making of a Les Paul standard (with some SG's thrown in). Even better, John Ratzenberger did a Gibson tour in his "Made in America" tv show.

You might find links to those videos here or over on mylespaul.com or lespaulforum.com but those two tv shows should be a good start.

Archived