any opinions on this guitar

thanks

ahve been looking and can not find anything on it

I understand there were 50 scheduled to build in the limited run

were thay all built

any for sale out ther?

cheers

guitarjones

I have one too, and it's a nice, rich-sounding guitar.

Edit: I should clarify that I have a J-200 (Elite) in koa with a red spruce top, but it is a Custom Shop built guitar, not one from a small run. I did have one in koa and sitka from a small run done in 1995, too, and that is essentially what I based my Custom ordered J-200 Elite on.

Fred

i've got one too - it's a custom though, i don't think it was part of a run of them although i guess it's possible. mine's a brilliant guitar, i can definitely recommend the combination. Koa, Red Spruce and the SJ-200 body shape/size is a winning combination.

Mine's about a year old

great looking Koa on that Custom

what is the difference between the Elite and the LTD Edition ( I think they were made in 2005 ?)

is there any way to find information on past guitar models on the Gibson site

I did not see any link such as, discontinued models

cheers

g j

Koa & Red Spruce seems just awesome! How does the sound compare to the maple SJ200's? Are these Custom made on request or do they just get released by Gibson every now and again? Are they from the Custom shop?

hi there aclayton, i'm sorry but i can't make a useful comparison between the two. i've not played a maple one in a long time and i never really had a good audition with it.

As for your questions about their availability i don't really know for sure. I've don't think they offer them as a generally available model but i see them in shops pretty regularly. The Guitar Center in San Francisco currently has one in stock, it's a natural finish rather than a burst. It's definitely a great guitar, although i've played a bunch of SJ-200s and i haven't found one i don't like.. =D>

Archived