Gibson Brands Forums

Help with recording.

Laney1566

I have managed to accumulate 2 mics for recording my 2 amps. I run them with stereo outs from my chorus and delay and want to preserve those qualities.

Question.....I need a interface that will accept 2 mics for recording both signals at the same time to a computer. At first I will probably use Audacity untill I can afford a more professional software package.

Any ideas for under $200?

Please

I use a M-Audio Firewire 1814....a bit outside your budget from what you have said....I wouldn't cheap out for recording equipment. If you have the ability to save up, I would suggest going with something non-USB. I suppose it depends on what you're doing but I found too much latency with a USB device. I also use Pro Tools M-Powered which supports any M-Audio interface. (It seems as though the 1814 may have been discontinued as I don't see it on their site anymore)

Really up to you but that's my advice. You need to go with what fits your budget, your taste and your level of seriousity. (I made that up)

Thanks.

I've been playing 30 years and I have forgotten more tunes I wrote than I currently remember. Every once in a while my brain will release an oldie of mine and I would like to get as many as possible recorded. You know what they say about artists becoming famous after their death:-$

Yes sir' date=' it as good as the software you are recording it to, mono stereo, surround. I use Cakewalk's Guitar Pro. [/quote']

What version? I used to use the Guitar Tracks 1 and 2, and they added Pro with v3 and that was cool too....good easy to learn program with lots of functionality. I have GAS so I upgraded to Pro-Tools and the learning curve that goes with it....hehehe

What version? I used to use the Guitar Tracks 1 and 2' date=' and they added Pro with v3 and that was cool too....good easy to learn program with lots of functionality. I have GAS so I upgraded to Pro-Tools and the learning curve that goes with it....hehehe[/quote']

I'm using version 3 now, but I'm planning on upgrading to the new version of 4.

Not sure what you mean by tabs...

But I checked the website too....this upgrade seems worth it....i see it comes with an interface too which is nice. Go for it Laney!!

It says on the website that you can put midi's into it and create tabs. (Tablature)

Archived