Gibson Brands Forums

Question for the Gibson CS Staff!

oversea

Hi

Im intressted in a Epiphone Excellente (1963-1969 modell) but they are nowhere to be found.

I read at a forum earlier that there might be a possibillity to get one from the Custom Shop since they made a batch of them back in -94 or something like that.

Is It possible to order an US Made (Gibson) Epiphone Excellente and IF what would a estimated price be? (like 3.000 dollar? or 10.000dollar?)

Thanks!

Is It possible to order an US Made (Gibson) Epiphone Excellente and IF what would a estimated price be?

Customer Service can't answer this. You need to ask a Gibson dealer to contact Bozeman and then give you a quote. It is almost certainly possible -- as a general rule, you can order any guitar that has ever been built in Bozeman (the potential problem in this case being that this is an Epiphone-branded guitar, and they might need permission from that division or some such) -- but the price is hard to predict.

-- Bob R

Added slightly later: I forgot to mention that, for something like this, you might be better off going to a dealer who has a lot of experience with custom orders (and foreign shipping), such as Music Villa (if they've re-upped as a dealer) or Fuller's Vintage Guitars. And a phone call is probably a better idea than e-mail.

Customer Service can't answer this. You need to ask a Gibson dealer to contact Bozeman and then give you a quote. It is almost certainly possible -- as a general rule' date=' you can order any guitar that has ever been built in Bozeman (the potential problem in this case being that this is an Epiphone-branded guitar, and they might need permission from that division or some such) -- but the price is hard to predict.

-- Bob R

Added slightly later: I forgot to mention that, for something like this, you might be better off going to a dealer who has a lot of experience with custom orders (and foreign shipping), such as Music Villa (if they've re-upped as a dealer) or Fuller's Vintage Guitars. And a phone call is probably a better idea than e-mail.[/quote']

Thanks, that really good information. I know it doesn't make things easier that I live in Europe (Sweden) since we have fewer dealers here and it's one the wrong side of the atlantic sea. I have a friend who lives in New Orleans so maby I can ship it thru him.

The price is of course a big thing here.. I've seen some of the more special Gibson Acoustic versions go for quite alot.

I mean, 3-4 OK, but if were talking 10k it might be cheaper to track down an old one.

EDIT: ... 4-5k.... not 3-4.

Hi

Im intressted in a Epiphone Excellente (1963-1969 modell) but they are nowhere to be found.

I read at a forum earlier that there might be a possibillity to get one from the Custom Shop since they made a batch of them back in -94 or something like that.

Is It possible to order an US Made (Gibson) Epiphone Excellente and IF what would a estimated price be? (like 3.000 dollar? or 10.000dollar?)

Thanks!

Like looking for hens teeth!"

One forum member spent months searching before he ended up with this

Moose001.jpg

Feast your eyes but beware the gentleman in question seekd another

John

Yep, thats the one alright John :- And what a beauty!

I must ask, is it you who's been posting WANTED Epiphone Excellente in pretty much every forum on the internet?

... and another question: Is there more of them from where you got yours?!! [-X

EDIT: "-One forum member spent months searching before he ended up with this".... Might have misunderstood but you are that person or?

EDIT 2: Sorry... It's late and Im tired... Misunderstood everything..

I guess you were refering to mooseguy

I've read a bit from those old 4 pages from mosseguy...

Even if English isn't my main language... some parts of that thread didn't make a whole lot of sense if I may be honest..

Looking for this guitar is like looking for a ghost.

But if someone seen this ghost out there, please send me message/post.

I've read a bit from those old 4 pages from mosseguy...

Even if English isn't my main language... some parts of that thread didn't make a whole lot of sense if I may be honest..

Looking for this guitar is like looking for a ghost.

But if someone seen this ghost out there' date=' please send me message/post.[/quote']

There are parts of Moose that don't make sense but we love him anyway. Moose was on the hunt for one of those for years.

There are parts of Moose that don't make sense but we love him anyway. Moose was on the hunt for one of those for years.

Actually.. I know where to get one, but the price is way of...hmm.. just way of.

People in no need to sell them try's to dubble the "actually" price (compared to vintage guide and such).

The one Moose got... is that a 60's or a 1994 Excellente?

Hi Overseas.

Great to know that you really appreciate a great guitar like the Excellente.

Took me 5 years to finally get one after a couple of near misses. I am still looking for another one

with no luck yet but another will surface that I am sure.

Does the one for sale in you country belong to that big Gibson dealer? -How much are they asking for it?

Lots of Luck On Your Search

Moose

P.S. To answer your question-my Excellente is an unplayed 66. I also have a new 93 Bozeman reissue - only 23 of these were made. They are also very hard to find.

Hi Mooseguy!

Nice to speak to you. Yeah, I've seen those WANTED Epiphone Excellente 1963-1969 everywhere (I guess it was you?).

Nope, doesn't belong to a Gibson dealer as far as I know. Might be a collector tho.

In dollar, they are asking 12.5k for it.

May I ask what you paid for yours?

Vintage guides say's anywhere between 4.5-7k for this beauty.

We have a big collector of old guitar here in my hometown. (Two brothers who has an incredible collection. 2-3 Les paul 59's, Flying V -58 or -59 and a few old -50, -51 -52 Nocaster/broadcaster/telecaster and a bunch of 1954-1965 Strats.)

They had the collection displayed a few years back. Not to sure if they have an Excellente. Maby look into that aswell..

EDIT: oh.. and I believe I've seen that they own an orginal explorer -58 aswell.

Hi Overseas:

Thanks for your reply.

What year and condition is the Excellente that's available? Is it in your country or else where? Have you seen the guitar?

Please don't put too much stock on the Vintage Guitar value estimates. They may or may not be really current indications. The latest VG Excellente price indications that you recite are low based on a current pending sale that I have just recently heard about. These guitars are rare and bring whatever a buyer is willing to pay notwithstanding our present economic conditions. If you get a quote from Gibson Bozeman I would appreciate knowing.

Happy Hunting

Moose

P.S. I have heard of the two collector brothers-They apparently principally specialize in electrics.

Hi again Mooseguy

Mid 60's in fine/original condition. Can't give more info atm.

But thanks for the info. 10k or more can be expected for these birds.

Im going to look into it...see If I can get a quote thru one of the swedish Gibson dealers.

If I get anything I'll drop you a email Mooseguy.

Yep, those are the guys. Impressive collection..oh and it was 2x Flying V -58 and -59 (!!) ](*,)

Thanks and the same to you.. It'll be a long hunting season I guess. ](*,)

Mooseguy

One more thing I forgot to ask you. Since you actually have a genuine Excellente.

Have you ever made a comparison between the Excellente and the Frontier or the Texan (60's model)?

I've only played a handfull of those Epiphone 60's, especially one fine Frontier. Any info on how they stand against the Excellente?

Thanks! Take Care!

Hi again Mooseguy

Mid 60's in fine/original condition. Can't give more info atm.

But thanks for the info. 10k or more can be expected for these birds.

Im going to look into it...see If I can get a quote thru one of the swedish Gibson dealers.

If I get anything I'll drop you a email Mooseguy.

Yep' date=' those are the guys. Impressive collection..oh and it was 2x Flying V -58 and -59 (!!) [-o<

Thanks and the same to you.. It'll be a long hunting season I guess. :)

[/quote']

If you are not interested in the one you mention that is currently available, would you give me the

source information so I can contact the seller?

Mooseguy

One more thing I forgot to ask you. Since you actually have a genuine Excellente.

Have you ever made a comparison between the Excellente and the Frontier or the Texan (60's model)?

I've only played a handfull of those Epiphone 60's' date=' especially one fine Frontier. Any info on how they stand against the Excellente?

Thanks! Take Care!

[/quote']

Hi Again Overseas: Sorry I can't help you on an Excellente compared to a Frontier or Texan as I have never played either of these. The Frontier model with the rope &cactus pickguard is a great looking guitar that I also wouldn't mind owning.

Moose

Hi Again Overseas: Sorry I can't help you on an Excellente compared to a Frontier or Texan as I have never played either of these. The Frontier model with the rope &cactus pickguard is a great looking guitar that I also wouldn't mind owning.

Moose

Okey' date=' would be cool to do a comparison on those guitars. The Frontier seems like a good substitute if I can't get hold of a Excellente. Great looking, but not as mean looking as the Excellente.

If you are not interested in the one you mention that is currently available, would you give me the

source information so I can contact the seller?

If it doesn't work out moneywise I'll give you the info. Might take while tho.

Oversea

Man... what a GREAT thread..... suspense... foreign intrigue..... A BEAUTIFUL guitar at the center' date=' BIG $$'s, and of course just a hit of sex!! Man.....bring it on!!

Bob[/quote']

Danville

Thanks for your interest.

Just hang in like Gunga Din, turn out the lights and call the Lord , as I am positive this thing will get a lot more weird.

Regards,

Moose

Danville

Thanks for your interest.

Just hang in like Gunga Din' date=' turn out the lights and call the Lord , as I am positive this thing will get a lot more weird.

Regards,

Moose[/quote']

That could have come from Mr Gonzo/H.S.Thompson himself. Weird it will be..

A none related topic. Been cleaning out the storage room. Where does all the guitar/amp/music junk/crap come from. Im amazed how much stuff one can buy. Well! Im selling it off for someone else to enjoy. From one storage to another!

Archived