Gibson Brands Forums

Fall Back

Californiaman

I really wish Arizona observed DST. I always have a hard time trying to figure out if we are on California time or Colorado time.

I'm so confused!!!

You see' date=' by moving the clock forward in the spring, you get another hour of daylight at the end of the day so you don't need to use as many lights. However, this is offset by the loss of an hour in the morning, require us to use more lights in the a.m. This worked so well, that during the Nixon administration, Nixon gave us an additional hour at the end of the day, i.e. we moved the clocks 2 hours ahead... I was made to go to bed and told to, "SLEEP, OR ELSE". [blink Then, we needed flashlights to get to the bus in the a.m. [cursing]

It's very simple. It saves... [blush] It saves... [-(

You know what, Silverbursted? I think the Arizonians got it right.[crying]

It's very simple. It saves... [blush] It saves... :-k

You know what' date=' Silverbursted? I think the Arizonians got it right.[crying

I've heard it described as cutting off one end of a rope and tying it to the other end.

Can you imagine what it does the airline flight schedules....can you imagine all the time zones, some of which change 1/2 hour rather than a whole hour, some places change with Daylight Savings time, some do not, I though one state, (Illinois or Indiana only half the state changed....just UGLY!

I've heard it described as cutting off one end of a rope and tying it to the other end.

Can you imagine what it does the airline flight schedules....can you imagine all the time zones' date=' some of which change 1/2 hour rather than a whole hour, some places change with Daylight Savings time, some do not, I though one state, (Illinois or Indiana only half the state changed....just UGLY![/quote']

The entire state of Illinois is one one time zone. Indiana, however...

At one time the counties which bordered Illinois and Lake Michigan stayed on the same time as Illinois because much of the industry in NW Indiana, Gary, etc. was closely tied to Chicago, there for they used Daylight Savings time just as Illinois did. AND... The county which makes up Indianapolis, for some reason did the same. The rest of the state could care less about DST. I don't know if they still do that.

To cap it all off Indiana is split between two time zones. I believe one community in southern Indiana is split down the middle. >>>>>Time in Indiana<<<<< is really confusing.

If straight meridian were drawn from pole to pole which seperated the Eastern Zone from the Central Zone, most of Indiana would be in the Central Region. However, for some reason, governmental units which live on or near a meridian seem to have, historically, drawn the line west of the most logical line of longitude.

I think China has it right. They use the most logical time zone for Beijing and apply it to the whole country. They are not much narrower' east to west than the U.S. However, at it's eastern border, some of it's neighbors are 3 hours behind China.

What I can't figure out is those countries that have odd time standards that are 30 or 40 minutes off their neighbors???

What I can't figure out is those countries that have odd time standards that are 30 or 40 minutes off their neighbors???

Yeah... Like Newfoundland..... I think they're 5-1/2 hours ahead of PST.

Thanks for your valuable "time".

Bob

Archived