Gibson Brands Forums

Robots in General

ejpii

Hi All, My name is Ej. I am new to the Gibson forum but not new to the Gibson/Gibson family of products. I have a 6?5 Epiphone Granada, a 92 Les Paul Custom, a SG-X, Epiphone Classical guitar, and finally a Candy Purple Les Paul Robot.

My question is where do the Les Paul Robots after the blue burst fall into line. Mine looks exactly like the blue burst, but just a different color it has the binding on the neck same logo, etc. I guess my question is. Does this fall into the GOR category, or just the LTD Robot.

I would also be interested in the upgrade to the robot system as well.

EJ

Pics will come later than sooner, but they will come.

For the updating system of robot Gibson was talking about selling a kit to take advantage of the system more efficient tuning of the dark fire. IT changers, mechanical and electronic systems for the tuning.

He had also been raised to change the battery by more efficient as the dark on fire. But not once on the subject.

But no kit is currently for sale ... And many people is the question ... Will Come Out one day?

For the rest updating "chameleon tone" is not possible because the dark fire has a particular cut that not the robot. So there is no place to put all the electrical system.

Viewing other topics Robot and Dark Fire you will surely find some info similar to what I just told you, or better ...

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=23030

Go to this topics

If you're robot has the neck and headstock binding, an ebony fretboard, and the maple top (curved not flat) then it would fall closer to the Originals. I remember seeing some one offs of the original in different colors (maybe prototypes, sales samples, etc.)

• 3 weeks later...
Congrats! I thought of mine as a Christmas present in 2007. Merry Christmas and enjoy.

me too!

All the trains were ****ed that day and we had to get a cab against time to get to the shop before it closed. I was just so thrilled with it and to be honest still am[cool]

Matt

Got an incoming Robot Les Paul Studio in Metallic Green (should have it by Christmas)-- Can't wait!!

I picked up / floated a loan to my friend for a green one the same day I picked up mine. I played a bunch of robots that day including V's and Explorers. I wanted the Explorer but there was a scratch across the back[sad] . If anybody is going to scratch my guitar it's going to be me [laugh][biggrin] .

EJ

Archived