Gibson Brands Forums

Songs that you love to cover?

Shnate McDuanus

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MILOD! I'm feelin ya on 'Rumble!' Turn UP that amplifier!!! (the smaller the better, for that one... the speaker needs to spit a little grit)

I also love 'Born To Lose' by Mr. Johnny Thunders. Ok, I love playing anything by him but particularly 'Born To Lose.' I also like his cover of Gary "U.S." Bonds's 'Seven Day Weekend.'

There were some other good ones out there: Budgie, Skynyrd, Priest, 'Working Man,' 'Just Got Paid.' I also like a lot of stuff by Johnny Rivers.

I really hate to say this, but I have to admit that I had two of "me" in music from about 1961 through 1979. Nearly 20 years. Instead of doing what "I" wanted really to do, I was listening to and playing what made a buck and "fans" in saloons and other venues.

Why? It's really fun to play music for audiences and that seemed the only way one might do so.

Now? I play pretty much what I will 'cuz I ain't paid to do anything else.

And I figure at some point I'm more likely to find a venue that will pay for what I play than for me to play what some venue already is doing... I dunno. Hell, I'm an old man. <chortle>

m

Archived