Gibson Brands Forums

I have GAS too!

nikko18

I am gassing for a Michael Kelly guitar. Either a Patriot Custom or a Hybrid Special. Michael Kelly's are Korean made but are very high quality for Korean made guitars. They are also in my price range so that's another thing I like about them. My main reason for getting one is that my Epiphone Les Paul (which I love) is slowly deteriorating due to factors like a once broken neck. It is holding tune less and less lately and I think it's time to retire it. Which means I need a new Les Paul style guitar. Seeing as I can't afford a Gibson that I want Michael Kelly seems to be the next best choice.

Here's links to them if any one is interested.

http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/hybrid_special.html

http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/patriot_custom.html

I don't know about the hybid model giving you Les Paul tones' date=' isn't that type of guitar more for acoustic oriented players?

The patriot seems nice, I have read good reviews on them.[/quote']

The Patriot does seem really cool. And I am under the impression that the hybrid is supposed to be able to get acoustic tones and electric tone or a mix of both. Which seems cool to me. I also like how you can split the piezo pickup and the humbuckers to separate amps.

Bullsh*t. I've owned Korean guitars. They were well made. Not "well made for Korean guitars" or "from Korea' date=' but well-made." They were simply well-made. [/quote']

I stand completely corrected.

I couldn't tell from your post, however, if you were crapping on MIK stuff in general.

Gotta love this forum stuff. It is so effective.

Exhibit 1:

...When do you get them from?

I wonder what a pickguard made of an actual tortoise shell would sound like?

Like the ocean? Oh, wait...that's a seashell. I dunno, I would think any old-school guitar player worth his salt could tell the sound of genuine tortoise shell pickguard material with his eyes closed. There might even be one or two here on this very forum. Anybody? :)

Archived