Gibson Brands Forums

Grover kidney bean machine tuners?!

Red Dragon

Hi !

Where can i find these tuners ? Some LP standards come with that and some custom shop too , specially J. Page signature .

Well, I forgot to mention that I don´t want to drill my headstock not use a non two screws type . This model has exactly the same buttom I want but it´s not that vintage style like Gibson put on their guitars . How Gibson does that ? I want a kidney bean buttom and machine heads that will be exactly as my gibson de luxe (two srews), since I don´t wanna see holes or make extra drills .. is it impossible ? My guitar is LP standard 2003.

Any idea ?

Any help please ?

18:1 gear ratio for fine tuning

Grover Midsize Rotomatics

Rotomatic™ midsize tuning machines feature compact removable metal knobs with adjustable tension, lifetime sealed lubrication and 18:1 gear ratio for fine tuning. These midsize cast housings fit 3-left/3-right pegheads.

Also available for 6-in-line pegheads.

See details below

Item# Description In stock Price Quantity

0441 Chrome, 3L/3R Yes $38.48

3 or more $34.98

Quantity prices apply to multiples of the same item number Selected currency U.S. Dollars - USD Australian Dollars - AUD Brazil Reais - BRL British Pounds - GBP Canadian Dollars - CAD Chinese Yuan - CNY Danish Kroner - DKK Euros - EUR Japanese Yen - JPY Mexican Pesos - MXN New Zealand Dollars - NZD Norwegian Kroner - NOK Russian Rubles - RUB South African Rands - ZAR South Korean Won - KRW Swedish Kronor - SEK Swiss Francs - CHF

Details

Pictures

Related items

Specs

Mounting screws and threaded hex peghead bushings with washers are included.

10mm (13/32") diameter pegholes required.

Shown on page 55 of our latest catalog.

www.stewmac.com

You should be able to buy them from any decent music shop, dont forget if your les paul has the standard gibson deluxe kluson tulips then you will have to make new screw holes for the grovers and you will see the holes from the klusons. Be careful.

stewmac.com has them, they are called Sta-Tite tuners, come in nickel and gold and cost $40-$60. They also Waverly's but they are a lot more expensive, $150 for the nickel and $190 for gold but they are supposed to be superior to the Grovers. They also state you won't have to enlarge the holes as they are made for vintage replacement. Not sure about the Grovers though.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Grover_18:1_Sta-Tites.html

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/1/Waverly_Guitar_Tuners.html

Any grover model ? I really don´t wanna see the holes :)

You should be able to buy them from any decent music shop' date=' dont forget if your les paul has the standard gibson deluxe kluson tulips then you will have to make new screw holes for the grovers and you will see the holes from the klusons. Be careful.

[/quote']

Thanks Axe ! I will take a look...

Well, I forgot to mention that I don´t want to drill my headstock not use a non two screws type . This model has exactly the same buttom I want but it´s not that vintage style like Gibson put on their guitars . How Gibson does that ? I want a kidney bean buttom and machine heads that will be exactly as my gibson de luxe (two srews), since I don´t wanna see holes or make extra drills .. is it impossible ? My guitar is LP standard 2003.

Any idea ?

18:1 gear ratio for fine tuning

Grover Midsize Rotomatics

Rotomatic™ midsize tuning machines feature compact removable metal knobs with adjustable tension' date=' lifetime sealed lubrication and 18:1 gear ratio for fine tuning. These midsize cast housings fit 3-left/3-right pegheads.

Also available for 6-in-line pegheads.

See details below

Item# Description In stock Price Quantity

0441 Chrome, 3L/3R Yes $38.48

3 or more $34.98

Quantity prices apply to multiples of the same item number Selected currency U.S. Dollars - USD Australian Dollars - AUD Brazil Reais - BRL British Pounds - GBP Canadian Dollars - CAD Chinese Yuan - CNY Danish Kroner - DKK Euros - EUR Japanese Yen - JPY Mexican Pesos - MXN New Zealand Dollars - NZD Norwegian Kroner - NOK Russian Rubles - RUB South African Rands - ZAR South Korean Won - KRW Swedish Kronor - SEK Swiss Francs - CHF

Details

Pictures

Related items

Specs

Mounting screws and threaded hex peghead bushings with washers are included.

10mm (13/32") diameter pegholes required.

Shown on page 55 of our latest catalog.

www.stewmac.com

[/quote']

Archived