Gibson Brands Forums

Scott should...........

Big Bill

$2,300 for a 7 year old Standard? HELL NO!! I paid $2,200 for my 2009 Traditional, new.

I've seen one year old R8s & G0s on Mark's site for $2,200 US. What's that, $2,300 Canadian?

Please, can somebody else here who's owned both Gibson USA and a historic support me here?

Scott, have you played an R8? There's no comparison, really. That's not a knock to Gibson USA but...

There's no point in complaining about L&M prices to L&M. Those are their prices.

If you really want one of those Standards, just walk into the store with cash in your pocket and see what they say.

I sold my '06 Standard for $1,750 and you might get lucky and grab one off eBay for $1,200 - $1,500.

My R8? Nah, you wouldn't want to play that ol' thing...

I honestly don't know what L&M are smoking sometimes. They will never deal on their prices, and since they are the only Gibson dealer in Winnipeg, it is take it or leave it. So, I left it. I got a brand new 2009 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Plus from Sweetwater for $1750 US, and no taxes. L&M can keep their LP Traditional at $2495 plus 12% taxes on the wall. Oh, wait, it has been, for 11 months.

Archived