Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Trad. Pro Goldtop -Limited Edition

GibSinCity

Well, I went to Guitar Center yesterday and asked him about the Goldtops, and he had no idea what I was talking about until I showed him in the catalog. He said since there's only 100 being made, he'd have to order one from a different store. He also said they're numbered from 001 to 100 on the neck joint, so if exclusivity is your deal, I say you head out to a Guitar Center and have them order one for you. I decided against it for my own financial reasons, but if I do want it, I'd have to pay in full and have it shipped to my house. Not a bad deal if you're GASing for one really badly. The guy was actually really helpful, let me play a bunch of Gibsons for a couple hours without hassling me. Guitar Center seems to be getting better.

• 7 months later...

please tell me some info about my guitar! i bought a les paul traditional goldtop at guitarcenter recently its a 2010 model is it rare or limited or something? just someone please fill me in on my guitar[confused]

No its not rare...If its the GT with coil taps and is the GC exclusive then i guess yes you'd consider that limited( that model is the Traditional Pro)..But if its a regular GT traditional w/out coil taps and 57 classics in both the neck and bridge then its just the regular old Traditional...The only difference between the two, are finish,coil taps (on the trad pro), different bridge pickup, and different neck dimension..and the fact that the trad pro is GC exclusive, idk if you'd consider that a positive or a negative [thumbup]

If it is a Traditional Pro Gold Top, then it's one of 100.

They also did a run of 100 in Wine Red.

The Trad. Pro is a Music 123, Musicians Friend, & Guitar Center exclusive model.

As mentioned, The Trad. Pro has coil-splitting.

It also has a finished plain top in either Vintage Burst, Ebony, or Heritage Cherry Burst, with satin finished sides, back & neck.

A `57 Classic in the neck, a Burstbucker 3 in the bridge, and a 60's profile neck.

Archived