Gibson Brands Forums

post a picture of yourself!

S t e v e

The clerk asked right off' date=' "are you from Texas?"[/quote']

I've had that happen many times myself here in Arizona.

Even once in Scotland!!!

Funny how they don't ask if I'm from the South in a general fashion - but specifically Texas.

Hmmmm....

[blush]

Been told more than once my voice sounded like actor Sam Elliott, though I don't talk that slow.

He's cooler 'n hell in my book so I'll take it as a compliment.

Where exactly in Texas are you Izzy?

I spent most of my years in Houston (yuck!) but worked all over the state.

I've always said that if I won the lottery I would be back in Texas, somewhere west of I-35.

Don't care exactly where, Hill country, High Plains, desert, but no further east than I-35.

Oh, and I've been on a diet for many, many years - no Latina women.

They have historically gotten me into too much trouble.

Not that I can actually blame them since I was a willing (Ooooh Yeah!!!) participant, but too much trouble.

Oh, the stories I could tell when I stopped thinking....

:-k[woot][wub] [wub] [biggrin][love][lol]

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get a kick out of my little sister's kids. Two gorgeous daughters who are <gulp> rather older than Izzy. When they wanna be incredibly gorgeous, they are; when they wanna be workin', they're that too. Both sound like Texas.

And for a lady over 60, get this from a brother who's a grouchy old man: I think my little sis is cute, too. I didn't wanna sound like too much of a grouch. Sis and I used to sing together a lot, including in public. She did ballet, never got into playing music, just singing.

Mom's down there too, for the holidays. I just got an email from her that around Corpus the lites were out for some 11,000 folks? Sister's church had water in the pipe organ?

Sheesh.

I think I prefer the cold as long as the furnace works and the Jeep starts.

Accents... most of mine is "standard American broadcast accent," although I'm told you can hear an occasional New England added "r" where it shouldn't oughta be. Given that I lived there a cupla years as a teen, I can feature Izzy and other teens working like crazy to get the right vocal tones from surrounding folks.

m

2 basses = double the bottom end! Or so we thought at the time...

I'd say that was an untapped niche!

Nah' date=' been done already;

In Big Bottoms, Spinal Tap had 3 basses on stage with no guitar at all!

Add big drums and a little synth - Rock and Roll!!!

Pay close attention to the lyrics - what a tender tribute to the [i']more ample[/i] female form....

[crying]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzsWuqNlLK4[/YOUTUBE]

Nah' date=' been done already;

In Big Bottoms, Spinal Tap had 3 basses on stage with no guitar at all!

Add big drums and a little synth - Rock and Roll!!!

Pay close attention to the lyrics - what a tender tribute to the [i']more ample[/i] female form....

Aaah BUT,we beat them to the punch by around 3 years. [crying] I smell plagiarism:-k

Bigger the cushion - the better the pushin' - CLASSIC.

I went to Vegas and walked a few blocks to the store. The clerk asked right off' date=' "are you from Texas?"

That should answer your question. I wish I had the sexy Penelope Cruz / Salma Hayek accent and missteps.

My ear for languages is too good, though. Every few hundred words one comes up I can't pronounce right and the THICK accent comes out. It makes me happy.[/quote']

Good ear for language = good ear for music!!

Archived