Gibson Brands Forums

Guthrie Govan

mcmurray

Just thought I'd give credit where credit is due. This guy will go down in the history books as one of the greatest imo.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

His first album was sensational, he just needs to stop teaching for a while and write some more.

Anyone here not heard of him?

It's a sad state of affairs when one can not walk into a music shop and buy his album.

Sad indeed mate. I have the same problem with Phil Emmanuel. The times I have asked I either get blank looks or they ask sheepishly if I meant Tommy.

The only reason Tommy got where he is re. exposure was through Dragon and Todd Rundgren producing them...

But...sorry mate. Never heard of this bloke 'til now.

He's good' date='but nothing that's gonna make anyone sit up and take notice.

DON'T take that the wrong way mate. It's just that their seems to be so many great guitarists now that are doing everything that that blokes doing that it won't even phase them. Same deal for Phil now,I think.

Sh*t,what do I know when someone who wears a KFC bucket on his head has all the kids bowing down before him?[wub[biggrin]

Hope ya see what I'm getting at mate.

• 1 month later...

I was just listening to his album today and got inspired to practice even more. Definitely one of the more versatile shredders.

Here's some more vids;

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]