Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone have experience with Ford Explorers?

Gilliangirl

This one was a 2003 but the bums sold it out from under me. I had put in an offer to purchase but when I went back yesterday it had a SOLD sign on the window. Now the sallesman isn't returning my call.

I'm putting an ad on Craigslist for a pseudo-boyfriend to go car-shopping with me so I don't get taken for a ride [biggrin]

This one was a 2003 but the bums sold it out from under me. I had put in an offer to purchase but when I went back yesterday it had a SOLD sign on the window. Now the sallesman isn't returning my call.

I'm putting an ad on Craigslist for a pseudo-boyfriend to go car-shopping with me so I don't get taken for a ride [biggrin]

Car dealers have a poor reputation for the way they treat women. They have gotten better, but still not good.

Whenever I go into a car dealer with my wife, they talk to me, even if the car is for her.

We walk out.......

Good grief! See, this is exactly why simple is better. I abhor all that fancy-schmancy doomahicky electronic stuff. I love my RX7, which is just slightly more than a go-cart. Manual steering, manual brakes, if the thing won't stop you just shut the engine off. Sometimes less is more.

Good grief! See' date=' this is exactly why simple is better. I abhor all that fancy-schmancy doomahicky electronic stuff. I love my RX7, which is just slightly more than a go-cart. Manual steering, manual brakes, if the thing won't stop you just shut the engine off. Sometimes less is more.[/quote']

MANUAL! You're my idol. I get a tap on the head from my boyfriend when I mention wanting to learn.

One way to get respect when you go into a dealership is to have a list of questions.

Ask your mechanic what questions he'd ask before even LOOKING at a car and write them down.

I bring a notepad and write stuff. I quiz the sales people. They can't SELL if they're being interrogated.

Interrupt any pitches with an observation of a flaw in the car ("mpg on this has to be horrid").

Basically, go in there like you're researching a murder.

Don't even look at the guys and go all over the car like it's a crime suspect.

When you're done tell them you have other dealerships to go to, ask for a card and go.

If you're confident and did your homework, they'll refrain from "selling."

Archived