Gibson Brands Forums

Oh No Not Again....

daveinspain

I tried a couple of amps from the (new) frontman series at a store a while ago... 2 of them blew up while I was playing and the store guy told me "oh yeah, they do that"

I lMFAO, tried the head version and left.

The head version was kind of nice for the price and matched with a decent cab (the fender cab was a POS), but matching it with a decent cab takes you into above 800 territory and with that you can go with a nice all tube combo.

You know what fender amp is great? The princeton... I've owned 5 different incarnations, still own 2 (one tubed and one SS with digital fx) and all of them sounded nice and were reliable, I even used a couple for small gigs with great results.

You know what fender amp is great? The princeton... I've owned 5 different incarnations' date=' still own 2 (one tubed and one SS with digital fx) and all of them sounded nice and were reliable, I even used a couple for small gigs with great results.[/quote']

Mine has become '30' this year, and will stay with me for all my life![biggrin] The best tube amp I've owned to play jazz...(though, I've never played over a Polytone)

Archived