Gibson Brands Forums

Interesting thought....

Silenced Fred

For whatever reason as I was playing today I noticed something I never really did before....

Went from my Strat to my LP (gotta save the best for last :- ) and I noticed how the strap button positions are very different, the Strat is angled down somewhat to hold the guitar in a more correct position, while the LP button is angled up, that if lined up, would hold it down. Doesn't affect much, but I just thought it was interesting....

Sorry for wasting your time [-(

Sure ya are' date=' kid. I could'a been out saving the world or something. Or discovering the cure for GAS. Or even getting la...never mind.

And you're sorry? Piffle! (don't ask me, my Dad used to say it)

[/quote']

even getting..... land? [biggrin]

I just found it a bit intriguing, I like my Strap Buttons on the back of the neck at the heel

Wait... you mean... the strap buttons are in different places on LPs and Strats... and that makes them hang different??

Whoa' date=' that's heavy dude....

[biggrin

Sarcasm noted, thanks

I just found it interesting, one of those things where you wonder if anyone ever thought about it before

Obviously, I am just oblivious

Ok Fred I won't be sarcastic. You are right about the strap buttons. Just different brands,different designs and different designers.

I personally like the way the button are placed on the Gibsons. I find the weight better transfered. Some Ibanez's I've found more of a neck dive to them because of the buttons. I had an SA2020, Rg370 and two custom shop (american Made) Ibanez's. Oh I do remember one Strat I had, she was a blonde but I got rid of her along time ago .

So with that, if I'm going down for my beliefs, I'm taking you with me lol

Ok Fred I won't be sarcastic. You are right about the strap buttons. Just different brands' date='different designs and different designers.

I personally like the way the button are placed on the Gibsons. I find the weight better transfered. Some Ibanez's I've found more of a neck dive to them because of the buttons. I had an SA2020, Rg370 and two custom shop (american Made) Ibanez's. Oh I do remember one Strat I had, she was a blonde but I got rid of her along time ago .

So with that, if I'm going down for my beliefs, I'm taking you with me lol [/quote']

I just thought about it and was a little perplexed

I do like them on the back of the heel, just feels better there I guess to me

But it is where it is, and I figure it works so why screw with it?

Archived