Gibson Brands Forums

Orange Dual Terror

Silenced Fred

They seem amazing from all of the reviews. I have played my friend's tiny terror and IMO it had great cleans, but the driven sounds left a little, just a bit, to be desired. The Fat Channel covers that issue, and I like playing with a lot of changes between clean and driven, so the footswitch is desirable. Does anyone know if it comes with one?

I have played my friend's tiny terror and IMO it had great cleans' date=' but the driven sounds left a little, just a bit, to be desired. [/quote']

Hmmmm, I'd give the exact opposite description having owned one for a couple of years.

I have to agree with Surfpup. I have had mine a couple of years and have

never used it for clean. I usually have the Vol. and the gain cranked. Thats

the problem I have with the lower power amps good clean sound is not loud

enough unless they don't have much gain to start with.

CW

I have to agree with Surfpup. I have had mine a couple of years and have

never used it for clean. I usually have the Vol. and the gain cranked. Thats

the problem I have with the lower power amps good clean sound is not loud

enough unless they don't have much gain to start with.

CW

I should have rephrased that: I like the crunch "cleans" I play mainly with some drive and found it great for that. I am a huge fan of the Fender cleans, which I already have.

Fred I completely forgot it's 30 watts and not 15. So the cleans probably sound a lot

better then the 15 watt. Don't get me wrong I love my Orange use it all the time for

lead work. I run mine through my Marshall 1936 2x12 with the 75 watt celestions.

For a deeper sound I run through my Orange 2x12 with Vintage 30's.

CW

I assume the dual terror would provide more clean (or crunch clean perhaps) headroom with 4 EL84s as opposed to the 2.

My bad, but do you know what I mean with a crunchy clean? Just a little bit of break up, which is what I prefer

And it does have decent headroom

My bad' date=' but do you know what I mean with a crunchy clean? Just a little bit of break up, which is what I prefer

And it does have decent headroom

[/quote']

I know exactly what you mean.... now. When you said clean, I assumed you meant clean. You meant the sound that starts at about 12 o'clock on the TT's gain knob. I meant the one that ends at about 10 o'clock. [cool]

Both sounds are good IMHO, but it's really hard to get the really clean sounds loud on that amp. In other words it breaks up too soon to get clean sounds at playing-with-a-drummer volume. However the sound you are talking about is plentiful at playing-with-a-drummer volume.

I know exactly what you mean.... now. When you said clean' date=' I assumed you meant clean. You meant the sound that starts at about 12 o'clock on the TT's gain knob. I meant the one that ends at about 10 o'clock. [biggrin']

Both sounds are good IMHO, but it's really hard to get the really clean sounds loud on that amp. In other words it breaks up too soon to get clean sounds at playing-with-a-drummer volume. However the sound you are talking about is plentiful at playing-with-a-drummer volume.

My long term goal is to set up that along with my fender made 50 watt sunn to use with an A/B switch. That would be sweet imo.

I know what you mean, good solid clean sounds would be hard, but crunch cleans are very possible. I play few clean songs.

Archived