Gibson Brands Forums

It Might Get Loud

tw2_usa

Watched this documentary about Page, Edge and White. LOTS of Gibsons throughout. What an awesome, awesome movie for guitar lovers. Posting this fanfare since I am curious of others' reactions to this film. I rented it for a buck on dvd at the local Redbox kiosk in the supermarket. Would love to own it. Guitar wisdom 101.

I got the DVD for Christmas, but just watched it tonight for the first time. I must admit that I had serious reservations about pooling the talents of Jack White, The Edge and Jimmy Page together and filming them as "three legendary guitarists", but it works and I have to say that I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would! Loved the video clips of the young James Page playing in a skiffle band and found that I have a renewed interest in cleaning up and playing my old 50's era electric hollow-bodied Kay guitar. God knows I also have this strong desire to put a diddley bow on the side of my house. I also found it amusing watching Page playing air guitar like a 13 year old kid while he was listening to Link Wray's "Rumble".

BTW, don't forget to watch the deleted scenes. I especially enjoyed Jimmy Page playing "Kashmir" on his Danelectro and watching The Edge take in every note like a guitar pupil, and all the while Jack White is playing along like he had been with Page for years. Plus the three of them talking about strings, and then messing around with a Theremin....... that's some great stuff!!

I posted earlier about this under "it might get loud (but don't count on it). I really enjoyed it as well , but thought they could have jammed on something other than " The Weight" ......nothing wrong with the song..and had more scenes playing together. My wife enjoyed it as well and she doesn't even play guitar.

Archived