Gibson Brands Forums

How many of you have "multiples" of the same type of guitar???

onewilyfool

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 8 guitars, all different, only two are products of the same maker, but those two are each very different from the other. I have seven 6 string guitars, one 12 string, 14 fret to the body, 12 fret to the body, very close string spacing, medium string spacing, and wide string spacing. Olde mid-60's Gretsch 6120 (before the brand died and later reincarnated), early '70s Martin D35, late '90s Taylor 12 string, D'Aspiranta(Peerless) Jazz box, Zager OM50 (bought as a cheap OM, and it is just that - Cheap!), Guild GAD R30 OM (much better than the Zager), Epiphone El-00 (cheap fun with good quality!), and a recent Martin 000-18 Norman Blake. I had several other guitars over the years, including a '76 Les Paul custom Deluxe, a Kappa electric, a DanElectro made for Sears (I think - the label was removed), and a no name acoustic that was my first guitar. I'm still looking to acquire some Gibsons as a J-45, (probably a True Vintage), and/or an AJ, and a Blues King. I check the sales at online music stores and items on Ebay.

I have bought some guitars and given them away as gifts, as well. I think a guitar makes a very nice Birthday or Holiday present. If Gibson Corporate is reading this, I'd be very pleased to accept a gift! [cool]

It may sound like I have and had a lot of guitars, but I've been playing for a long time... I like the guitar!

All of these guitars have or had a distinct tone and feel different when I play them.

Archived