Gibson Brands Forums

Help Me Out...

Lowdown

Heads up my fellow American Forumites!

I'm snooping around for a new LP and need one of you to please steer me in the direction of a good international shipping shop. You think the pricing in the US is bad?Try here!#-o[-(

I know Wildwood is one...any more out there I need to know about would be greatly appreciated.

Forgot to mention - Are9 has mentioned previously being able to pick up used custom shop Reissues for $2k and under. Where?:D

Thanx all. #-o

used Reissues (r7/r8/g0) can be found at those prices every so often on MLP. i picked up a LNIB R9 for a lot less than $4k shipped from another MLP member (i am in the US though) if you want a good dealer, check out mark's guitar loft. he is a stand up guy and i am pretty sure he will ship to you.

used Reissues (r7/r8/g0) can be found at those prices every so often on MLP. i picked up a LNIB R9 for a lot less than $4k shipped from another MLP member (i am in the US though) if you want a good dealer' date=' check out mark's guitar loft. he is a stand up guy and i am pretty sure he will ship to you.[/quote']

Thanx Fenn[thumbup]

no problem, my friend.

a college buddy of mine bought an R9 from Mark last year. he said mark was super cool and was willing to haggle a bit. he has an excellent reputation over at MLP and LPF. and he always has some sweet looking Lesters.

Check out Lark Street music as well. They do international shipping and have new stuff coming in the door all the time.

Lark Street Music

Nice recommendation Laaz. Have you ever had the occasion to get to their shop?

I'm not far from there' date=' my son and I have been there a couple of times. Pictures on the website don't do the place justice, it's like a museum. [img']http://forums.roempire.com/images/smilies/moresmilies/stunned.gif[/img]

From what I've been told their stuff is a little on the expensive side, but they give lots of details (repairs, etc.) on the equipment.

Hey Steve. Been there many times, since 1981 to be exact. I'm originally from Albany, NY. The shop is named after the street they were located on up in downtown Albany, Lark Street. I have been down to the Jersey location a few times as well since they moved. When I go up to Albany to visit my mom I try to stop back down there & also at Seaside heights on the shore. I almost moved to Toms River before I decided I wanted to be in a warmer climate. Still miss the Jersey shore.

Hey Steve. Been there many times' date=' since 1981 to be exact. I'm originally from Albany, NY. The shop is named after the street they were located on up in downtown Albany, Lark Street. I have been down to the Jersey location a few times as well since they moved. When I go up to Albany to visit my mom I try to stop back down there & also at Seaside heights on the shore. I almost moved to Toms River before I decided I wanted to be in a warmer climate. Still miss the Jersey shore.[/quote']

Bet you don't miss the real estate and other taxes, oh and it snowed here today!!!!!

When my son decided he wanted to play guitar (18 months or so ago), we figured used equipment might be the way to go. (That's what we did as kids years ago). I was talking to someone I play ball with, he mentioned Lark Street for used stuff. Looked 'em up online, for directions, thought it was strange that Lark Street Muisc was located on Cedar in Teaneck, so I read the "about us"..

We went there for a look around, and nearly sh1t. We were looking for used, not museum quality.

LowDown, Ludlow Music also says they ship internationally.

www.ludlowguitars.com

lol. Yes it doesn't snow down here. Hell if we get flurries everything shuts down. Lark Street has always had a outstanding stock of guitars, from museum pieces to affordable used equipment.

Real estate taxes are a fraction of what they are up there, but then again we get taxed on everything down here. Cars, trucks, boats, boat motors if it's a outboard, food, etc... You name it there's a tax on it.

Archived