Gibson Brands Forums

les paul deluxe

tdrrmr

Hello , I have a 1982 gold top deluxe with a factory ebony fretboard instead of a rosewood...... is this rare ? It's a great player, although i have not heard a lot of positive things about the 80s les pauls any opinions ? Thanks 001.jpg010.jpg

does it have a mahogany or maple neck ? does it have mini humbuckers or P-90's Does it have a one piece or a sandwiched body ?

If it has the latter of these three questions it a Les Paul Pro Deluxe and would have come with an ebony fretboard. I don't know of any other deluxe's that had that.

And yes by all means post some pictures.

gib78p5.jpg

Hello ' date=' I have a 1982 gold top deluxe with a factory ebony fretboard instead of a rosewood...... is this rare ? It's a great player, although i have not heard a lot of positive things about the 80s les pauls any opinions ? Thanks [img']http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af221/tdrrmr/001.jpg[/img] 010.jpg

You've already stated the only thing that matters! "it's a great player!" Enjoy it...

If you're referring to the "Norlin Era"...I have an 1980 LP Custom, and a 1976 LP

Deluxe, that are both GREAT! So, just enjoy your guitar. Opinions are like...well, you know.

;>)

CB

Thanks C B, I have a 78 artisan and a 79 standard that i have had for years and both are great guitars....the more people that I have talked to about the deluxe say that they are great ....Im starting to believe that the ones that knocked them never played one........Thanks everyone for your feedback !

Deluxe's are my favorite. The problem people have with Norlin's seems to have a lot to do with cosmetics. There were some poor quality control it seems. However I'm a player not a collector and the are head and shoulders above the rest as the best playing guitars.

Archived