Gibson Brands Forums

Rubber "feet" for an Atlas Mic stand - where to get replacements.

Notes_Norton

I have a couple of Atlas mic stands. The kind with the cast iron disk shaped bases that have three little rubber "feet" on the bottom.

The feet on one of them fell off and I need replacements. I don't know where they went

I have a spare stand and it doesn't have the feet either.

I asked at my local mom & pop store and the owner drew a blank. I e-mailed Atlas 3 times and got no response. I googled it and it came up with nada.

I hate to trash a mic stand just because the rubber feet are gone. And since Atlas doesn't care about customer service, I'll never buy another Atlas stand. But that doesn't help me now.

Does anyone know where to get replacement "Feet"????

Thanks,

Notes

I have a couple of Atlas mic stands. The kind with the cast iron disk shaped bases that have three little rubber "feet" on the bottom.

The feet on one of them fell off and I need replacements. I don't know where they went

I have a spare stand and it doesn't have the feet either.

I asked at my local mom & pop store and the owner drew a blank. I e-mailed Atlas 3 times and got no response. I googled it and it came up with nada.

I hate to trash a mic stand just because the rubber feet are gone. And since Atlas doesn't care about customer service' date=' I'll never buy another Atlas stand. But that doesn't help me now.

Does anyone know where to get replacement "Feet"????

Thanks,

Notes [/quote']

They sell these things at Lowe's or Home Depot....

I'll get ya link hold on....

Hmmm. It seems weird that I can't get direct replacements.

I do one-nighters and I'd rather have the same rugged feet that have lasted about 20 years now than resorting to some kind of kludge that might not work as well.

I suppose Atlas would rather I buy a new mic stand, but that seems like a waste.

Doesn't anybody know where to get direct replacements?

If not, I'll resort to a kludge.

Thanks,

Notes

Have you tried Atlas/Soundolier' date=' 1-800-876-3333.

http://www.atlassound.com/Product.aspx?id=1545&pI=1528

[/quote']

Yes.

I called and left a detailed message. Nobody called back.

I e-mailed 3 times and got nothing back.

This is the reason why, after decades of using nothing but Atlas stands, I'll never buy another one.

Notes

Have you tried Atlas/Soundolier' date=' 1-800-876-3333.

http://www.atlassound.com/Product.aspx?id=1545&pI=1528

[/quote']

Thanks again.

I looked in my notes, and this is a different telephone number from the one I got off the Atlas Sound website. Plus the site has been redesigned (I've been looking for these for about 6 months now).

I called them, they led me to a wholesaler (Bencsik) who led me to a distributor (All Pro Sound) who is going to try and get them and call me back.

At least I got a stock number off of all this MS1012RF-24 so if the distributor All Pro Sound can't get them, I have something to go on.

I'll keep you all updated.

Notes

Wow...

Luckily my Atlas feet are still shod. But it does make one wonder. Hmmmm. Are we reaching a point where another product is proclaiming there are no repairs, so go buy another one? Get 2 cheap ones 'stedda one good one?

I dunno.

m

Well, I just got an e-mail from allprosound, and I OK'd an order for a half dozen feet with retaining rings (they come in packs of 6).

I've never had such a difficult time finding what seems to be a simple product.

I have seen a lot of mic stands in my day without feet, I suppose I could get a small business going selling replacements and making them easy to find ;-)

Notes

One last follow up.

Bill Thompson at All Pro Sound is going to get them from atlas and ship them to me.

Months of research and wild goose chases are finally over (I hope).

They come 6 to a bag, I need 3 and I'll have 3 spares. The other mic stand is also very old so I'm sure they will eventually get used.

Notes

Archived