Gibson Brands Forums

Gillian Girl

suburude63

Oh you're sooooo lucky! I'm jealous! I wonder if they'll be selling anything there? That's the one thing I missed about the Redmond concert was no Gillian stuff for sale. You'll have to let me know what songs they do? Is it rush seats or do you have assigned seating? I hope you got good seats. Take pictures if you can! If you get to talk to her and Dave, tell them to come up to Canada [cool]

Have fun!

GG no pics alowed in the show.

It was a small intimate venue, no seats in front of stage but in back of club seats . Dave Rawlings Machine kicked A&& ! He had 3 members of Old Crow Medicine Show with him there incredible! Gillian of course ! She was downplaying Gillian ! They played 2 sets . About 2 + hrs. Did alot of cool stuff ! Stop Dragin My Heart Around (Pettyand Nicks, This Land Is Your Land, Just great stuff . The best show ive been to in a long time !

Gillians also coming out with a new album soon GG ! [cool]

There was a girl there from Calgary ! She is a student there from the states (NC) Her and her girlfriend! they have seen Gillian and Daves Machine all over the country. Groupies golore! They were at the show in Portland the night before and are on there way to the show in Olympia Wa. tomorrow.

Dave and Gillian said its to damn cold in Canada ! [-(

I am lieing of course! :-

No chance to ask them. [cool]

Did you see the mini concert? NPR?

Oh to be young and flighty again <sigh> I would LOVE to just bum around the countryside going to folk fests and concerts. Seriously, if I won the lottery, my friend Roxanne and I would likely just spend our days going to Gillian and Emmylou concerts.

I did see the Tiny Desk concert. I've saved it in my favourites because it is just so great. Talk about close-ups!

Hi GG heres the link to the tiny desk concert with Dave Rawlings.

Thanks for posting that. I really enjoyed it. In such an intimate setting, you can really see how well Dave and Gillian compliment each other--their voices, harmonies, playing, and the sounds (and brands!) of their guitars. Beautiful.

Glad you enjoyed the show!

Red 333

wow. that was amazing. the tune 'ruby' blew my mind. what a player. i loved the intimacy as well. the facial expressions. gillian looks like she's a medium for the music - her face looking as if she has no idea what's possessing her and she is merely a vehicle for the tune. she's very attentive to him as well. that was great. thanks.

Woooowww! Dave is incredible, isn't he? I think the reason why he's so good is because he's both a musical mathematician and has a good grasp on what he needs to play to elicit an emotion, and he's very abstract at the same time. That's a really good combination of skills I think. Last but not least, I found out that Gil has her B string tuned down to A on Caleb Meyer? I've never noticed her actually tuning it down tho'? Okay, I'm rambling. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend. The bathroom needs painting but that can wait for another week. [lol]

Woooowww! Dave is incredible' date=' isn't he? I think the reason why he's so good is because he's both a musical mathematician and has a good grasp on what he needs to play to elicit an emotion, and he's very abstract at the same time. That's a really good combination of skills I think. Last but not least, I found out that Gil has her B string tuned down to A on Caleb Meyer? I've never noticed her actually tuning it down tho'? Okay, I'm rambling. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend. The bathroom needs painting but that can wait for another week. [biggrin']

Shoot GG the bathroom can wait a month [biggrin]

Archived