Gibson Brands Forums

bumble bee capacitors whatttt?

kumar

ok so a big thing on getting great classic rock tones from what i understand is those darn little capacitors and paf pups. well fellas i got a 59vos lp turns out the capacitors arent real bumblebees[confused] . why is that? anyway not only does this suck but i got no clue as to were a goodplace to buy these babys are ebay has some but if gibson can pass off look alikes so can anyone ealse anyone got recomendations?

a pic of me when i was yonger i was 17 then now im 20 :/ i know its old skool but i dont own a digital cam so it has to do. the guitar is an epi les paul that ive built up has burst buckers 1 and 2 and has been factory refinished. was my first guitar. my main ax is a sg special gibson and a 2007 lp studio gibson

there fake cheep imataions gibson doesnt use bumble bee capacitors in there guitars even there vos i looked it up. and then checked it myself. i wanted to get as authentic as i could to match my idol (keith richards) if i had known that i woulda bought the capacitors and put them on my epi lp cus its a solid unlike the lp studio wich is chamberd. so ide get more authentic tone with the burst buckers. if i had a digital cam i would post pics. i love to brag

Well for Keith Richards tone can be aquired without the use of specified capacitors...........get a 1/5 of Wild Turkey.....thats 100 proof....

OK then watch ya wanna do .............Lem call my man up ......gone get a full bundle half price..........Just kidding here ........but do you think Keith

set his tone knobs at anything less than 10 in most cases.

hell no lol and i know this lol i use my marshall plexi which is a 30 wat and a lab series l9 for my vintage sound. i bast my plexi [thumbup]

Well then with Keiths tone knobs at 10 he is bypassing any capacitor effect.......so put yours on 10 problem solved.

Archived