Gibson Brands Forums

So I was thinking...

Silenced Fred

Pickguard off is a lot more aerodynamic, and may help me play faster, but it does add weight and everyone knows that the heavier a LP weighs, the better it sounds. Please help me clarify this.

Also, will a Goldtop help me sound more like Slash? I only have a Faded Studio, and I figure I could just paint it gold and then I can finally nail Sweet Child O' Mine.

Top wrapping: It will give me infinite sustain and make my tone sound a billion times better. Is this true?

Right now, I am playing in small groups, with my 50 watt amp only being able to go up to 3 on the volume knob without burning out eardrums, but I can only reach tonal nirvana through a 100 watt Marshall Fullstack right? What can I do for this problem?

Just thought I'd compile all my questions in one so we could all help me on this. thanks.

[biggrin]

Well you know I live not far from NASA Langley and I have a couple of SG's being tested over there in one of their wind tunnels..........

so far from what I can gather....and keep this on the down low....the batwing pickguard is the most aerodynamic.......oh and of course

the SG is more stealth technology than an LP, which in recent tests has shown to be........now keep this to yourself.........to require the pickguard

to offset the vortex created by only a single cutaway.......

There ya have it.

Well you know I live not far from NASA Langley and I have a couple of SG's being tested over there in one of their wind tunnels..........

so far from what I can gather....and keep this on the down low....the batwing pickguard is the most aerodynamic.......oh and of course

the SG is more stealth technology than an LP' date=' which in recent tests has shown to be........now keep this to yourself.........to require the pickguard

to offset the vortex created by only a single cutaway.......

There ya have it.[/quote']

Thanks I was worried.... So the SG is more aerodynamic, meaning I can play faster. But the LP is heavier, and heavier = better tone. Pickguard adds weight and reduces the vortex...

You have all the answers...

Like someone here already posted: My Strat requires the pickguard, I took it off and all the guts spilled out!

Archived