Gibson Brands Forums

'78 Les Paul Deluxe

Caolan96

hello guys, I'm new to the forum, Im 13 and own 3 epis, a '56 GT Les Paul, Zakk Wylde Bullseye Les Paul, and an ebony dot.

anyway the thing is I've been offered a wine red '78 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe in good condition, it plays beautifully and has excellent mini humbuckers, it's got some dings on the back , and some little chips on the front, what I'm wondering is would there be anyway to fix these imperfections and is £1400 a good price for this guitar,?

I will have to sell my '56 Goldtop to help with the cost of this, also will the deluxe appreciate in value over time?

Regards, Caolán.

Quote Caolan96

"I will have to sell my '56 Goldtop to help with the cost of this' date=' also will the deluxe appreciate in value over time?"

Keep the 56 GT the the 78 Deluxe will never be in the same ball park value wise.

That is if the 56 is an original.[/quote']

no no it's not an original, just an epi reissue worth 500 bucks !

I've been offered a wine red '78 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe in good condition' date=' it plays beautifully and has excellent mini humbuckers, it's got some dings on the back , and some little chips on the front, what I'm wondering is would there be anyway to fix these imperfections and is £1400 a good price for this guitar,?

[/quote']

£1400 is a good price for a '78 Les Paul Deluxe in the UK. They are good guitars. I have a '75 goldtop deluxe.

As far as the dings on the back and front go I would not worry about trying to have them repaired. Mine has quite a few dings too. They will not affect the sound or playability, and so I would leave it as it is.

I hope you are able to get it. Please put some pictures up if you do.

Archived