Gibson Brands Forums

Some poor guy took a bath...

ksdaddy

A couple weeks ago I bid $10 or $20 on a junk Fender body. A couple days into the auction, the seller cancelled my bid, stopped the auction, relisted it with a $99 buy it now, and it immediately sold. This told me there were some emails exchanged and a deal arranged. Fine, that's just the way things go sometimes. I'd be lying if I said I haven't done that in the past, from both sides of the transaction.

Here is the auction:

An ebay auction

Well apparently the guy had some severe buyer's remorse and put it back up on ebay. Guess what I bought last night?

And note the price. I believe he took a loss. I did confirm the shards of the top and the bridge will be incuded.

Another ebay auction

After seeing your banjo restoration project, I am beginning to see

a pattern developing. Apparently, as long as it is not down to

sawdust, Scott will bring new life to it. Heck, I have some sawdust

in my shop that I may send Scott just to see how good he really is!

This one may end up as a shadow box though. I rebuilt one old Fender in similar condition by making a new top from scratch. I don't think I'll ever do that again. It was a noble idea and the guitar turned out good, but for some reason it just lost all vintage vibe. It now has the aura of being a modern replica of an old guitar. Psychological more than actual, I think...

In a perfect world I'd find another Concert with a smashed back and graft the two together, but I doubt that will happen.

Archived