Gibson Brands Forums

Are Gibson guitars entirely made in US??

Jumpy Guitar

"Stupid" spending spree...is an understatement! It's truly "Criminal!" I can't believe these clowns

are still in office! Hell' date=' I can't believe they ever GOT in office, in the first place...well, on second thought,

I DO know how they did. [b']Hope everyone's enjoying the "Change?!![/b]"

Saw an interesting film, recently, revolving around the "world banking" industry, called "The International!"

It's "fiction" (barely), but felt all to possible/probable. IMHO...It's going to get really "interesting," in the very

near future.

CB

For some reason I don't think this was the change they were looking for. [biggrin]

I don't want a "good enough" guitar. I want a beyond good guitar. I want a great guitar. That's why I had onoe made to my specs from people who let me be there during the entire process.

If I cannot buy one more from them I'll buy fender, as their USA line's quality is more consistant, and the price is lower [biggrin]

I have to note I don't get all this "made in the USA" thing. They should say something like "assembled in the USA" as most parts are bought from asian and european makers.

I also think it's time for gibson to stop the **** and ust come forward with an answer: are their guitars completely made in the US? are some of them made in china? are they bringing in unfinished bodies and necks from china to assemble and paint them?

C'mon, we, the customer who pay your salaries demand an answer. [cool]

Let's guess where are Qingdao instruments shipped to...

Maybe HERE ?

[biggrin]

The Epiphone building is right next to the Gibson building here in Nashville on Massman drive.

I personally know people that work at Gibson, no pre-made parts from China on the Gibson brand.

You can build a POS in the US just like you can build a top quality product in China.

But brands are trying to cut costs anywhere they can so they build POS stuff all around the world, USA included.

You know why? 'cause GC aint gonna ship that stuff back, they just gonna sell it with a great profit, and be done with it, and right now the market is theirs.

I have to note I don't get all this "made in the USA" thing. They should say something like "assembled in the USA" as most parts are bought from asian and european makers.

I also think it's time for gibson to stop the **** and ust come forward with an answer: are their guitars completely made in the US? are some of them made in china? are they bringing in unfinished bodies and necks from china to assemble and paint them?

C'mon' date=' we, the customer who pay your salaries demand an answer. [mad

Thunder the Made in the USA thing has rules established by the law, a certain % of the item must be crafted and use USA parts to call it Made in the USA.

Most guitar brands Made in the USA have actually wood and other parts made somewhere in the world.

Look at American and Mexican Fenders, the maple necks come from Canada, and that is a wood that does grow plentlifully in the USA.

PRS tuners are they made in the USA? I bet not.

Stiffhand, we get the same thing, and it's mostly from our foreign customer base... Occasionally a few of our domestic customers might belly ache. Then they come to our plant and get the tour, and they feel incredibly embarrassed when they find our products are actually manufactured in-house[biggrin] ...... But we don't get our feelings hurt, and we certainly understand the customers concerns.[mad]

Yep' date=' I never understood why people take rumours at face value.

[/quote']

Which is why our company decided against a company public forum a few years back..... There are some individuals that have agendas, or others that take it upon themselves to run full speed ahead with rumors without investigating the facts.

The Epiphone building is right next to the Gibson building here in Nashville on Massman drive.

I personally know people that work at Gibson' date=' no pre-made parts from China on the Gibson brand.

[/quote']

And I personally know people who professionally analyzed Gibson guitar's woods and discovered they are from East Countries.

So what?

"Personal" experiences or "my cousin told me that" are not interesting issues.

There are objective evidences that need some objective answers.

I heard Italy was made in China. There are a lot of other people on this other forum who are saying it is undeniably true... and they know for a fact that Rome was made in the Cort plant.

**ETA** I know someone who has "scientifically analyzed" Italy to prove it was composed of Asian soil.

Of course, I'm not going to do any real research... maybe just a cursory web search where I can ignore all the evidence that doesn't support my theory, and certainly not go beyond the surface of anything that might appear to.

Hey! I know.... I'll just log into the Italian Forums and.....

cooking-34.gif

Nothing to see here, folks, move along. Just a thinly veiled effort at Trolling.

And thanks, Duane, for the nipping it in the bud.

Seriously... my kids were better behaved when they were 2.

And I personally know people who professionally analyzed Gibson guitar's woods and discovered they are from East Countries.

So what?

"Personal" experiences or "my cousin told me that" are not interesting issues.

There are objective evidences that need some objective answers.

How are you proving your statements? you are not. Rumors don't equal facts. Sounds like you have an agenda.

You posted a shipping form that goes to the Epiphone facility here in Nashville alluding it as proof that Gibsons are made in China.

You do not have even the basic facts straight' date=' [b']you fail[/b]

Please stop failing. Post irrefutable proof or STFU.

Archived