Gibson Brands Forums

Very interesting Hendrix Trivia.

Chrisdude

Spot the WTF !!

I thought some of you would find this interesting.

hendrix_newport_33.jpg

Neal Moser is such a damn ledgend.

The story was that when Hendrix was in LA' date=' he'd thrown one of his Strats across the stage and broken the neck. At the time I worked for a repair shop called West Coast Organ & Amp. Hendrix's guitar tech brought the guitar to the shop to be fixed. I called Fender to order another neck but they were out of Strat necks, all they had were Tele necks. SO, I decided to use one of those and "mod" the neck pocket. Strats are rounded at the butt and Teles are flat at the butt. Got it on there and it all worked out fine.

I actually worked on a bunch of Hendrix's stuff during that tour. They brought me a big trunk full of Fuzz Faces, Waw Waw pedals and cords. I had to go through all of it to make sure they all worked correctly and all the cords were good. Yeah, that was fun. NOT.[/quote']

George Terry, Clapton's guitar sidekick during the "461 Ocean Blvd" era also played a Strat with a Tele neck. It was fairly common "back in the day", but I didn't realize there was actual modification required. I figured it was just a bolt-on exchange.

Aparently not bro. I'll mention Larry to Neal! Hell he worked his *** of back then as he was the Best in CA, that should Jog a few memories!

Well anyway, sorry for my lack of posting. However you may hear about it more come april. We have been busy.

As far as I am concerned I would buy it. Good enough for me. Yes I did say march, hey ROCK TAKES TIME !!!!!!!!!

I'll have some snippets soon ;-)

Civilian-Gunner-GatlingGun.jpg

Aparently not bro. I'll mention Larry to Neal! Hell he worked his *** of back then as he was the Best in CA' date=' that should Jog a few memories!

Well anyway, sorry for my lack of posting. However you may hear about it more come april. We have been busy.

As far as I am concerned I would buy it. Good enough for me. Yes I did say march, hey ROCK TAKES TIME !!!!!!!!!

I'll have some snippets soon ;-)[/quote']

Can't hardly wait Chris. I'm shaking in anticipation. [laugh]

Also, interesting trivia! I love reading about stuff like this.

Archived