Gibson Brands Forums

Parents make me laugh.

dem00n

I had a teacher who would call us fags or bastards or other things with bad words in them. But honestly no one cared because he taught a computer class and we would never do any work throughout the grading period until about two days before it was over. By this point everyone's grade's were awful the highest grade in the class was like a 7 out of 100. But it didn't matter he would give us a 5 question test with the easiest question's ever on it and everyone would make 100 so he would add 100 points to your overall grade. So everyone finished the class with at least an A+. So in reality he called us what ever he wanted but we didn't have to work so we didn't care.

If teachers want to be respected, they need to give it.

My dad is a retired teacher and VERY well liked by his students and he never resorted to childish namecalling....he actually tried to find something with each kid to connect with them on and used that. It was likely much more effective.

I'm actually shocked at some of the responses by people saying 'who cares?' or similar replies....if it was your kid and the teacher was disrespecting them (make no mistake - calling a KID a loser is disrespectful), I dunno if you would feel the same way.

I never do my homework though' date=' so that brings my grade down, but I ace my tests and usually do

perfect on most papers or projects. Teachers hate me for it, all my teachers for parent teacher

conferences would say "Nathan is really smart. I can't get him to do homework though" then

they would show my grades, and my mom would just say "Seems like he's doing fine" [/quote']

Ah....

You took some moves out of the NeoCon Guide to Public Education playbook...

[cool]

Our oldest boy was the same way.

His mother is a schoolteacher, so of course it makes her insane...

:D/

As a victim of teacher bullying, I say, "Got get' em Mom!"

What surprises me is that the superintendent hasn't canned this immature knot head who calls himself a teacher. Maybe they have to go through a disciplinary process before they fire him. Let's hope so.

My bullying teacher picked on the less popular students, like myself, just like the bullying kids did. He was trying, I guess, to buddy up to the other kids in order to be popular. i.e. he had not progressed past the Junior High behavior level.

While I appreciated my parents sticking up for me.. and the other picked on kids with the superintendent, part of me wished they hadn't. It did result in some minor retaliation by the usually bullying students and the bullying teacher, but it eventually faded away. The last incident with the teacher involved getting whopped on the back of the head with about 6 sheets of rolled up paper. Yup... assault and battery. I wasn't hurt, but it was humiliating. He then went on a tyrade explaining why I had no friends. No witnesses and I, at 13 years old and slight of build, I just wanted it to go away and didn't want to involve my parents. They probably would have arrested the numb knots on the spot. [lol] Now as a parent and grandparent I know my folks did the right thing.

This NC teacher should never be allowed in a class room....ever. [angry]

Ah....

You took some moves out of the NeoCon Guide to Public Education playbook...

[angry]

Our oldest boy was the same way.

His mother is a schoolteacher' date=' so of course it makes her insane...

:D/[/quote']

Ah, it works though. I know this is going to sound stupid coming from a kid but believe me on this. Busy work (homework) does nothing for me. I don't learn from it, it just irritates me. I understand the concept, and I don't need to prove it with the 50 problems that are assigned. I know, I know, "this is my job" but in the end, all that matters is the grade and tests, and those are great.

My biggest problem with "educators" (and I use that term loosely) is when they assign a 5 page paper, then complain how they have to read it [lol] If you don't want to grade it, don't assign it!

I am considering becoming a teacher, probably english. But I can't stand teachers for the most part.

Let see here. The girl has been bring home scores of 20% a..

CW

Re-watch the video. The teacher took an additional 20 points of "for being a loser".

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but there is a certain faction of Americans who believe anyone who wears "Real Tree" hunting camo or has a parent who wears "Real Tree" hunting camo, and lives in a house with wheels (the interior shots of the mother's home appears to be that of a mobile home... a nice one, to be sure, but mobile none the less) is a "Loser".

What this little girl needs is her daddy or a significant male family member to thump this teacher in the head with an accusatory index finger and call him a 'loser.' If she were my grand daughter, that's what I'd do.

Ah' date=' it works though. I know this is going to sound stupid coming from a kid but believe me on this. Busy work (homework) does nothing for me. I don't learn from it, it just irritates me. I understand the concept, and I don't need to prove it with the 50 problems that are assigned. I know, I know, "this is my job" but in the end, all that matters is the grade and tests, and those are great.

My biggest problem with "educators" (and I use that term loosely) is when they assign a 5 page paper, then complain how they have to read it :- If you don't want to grade it, don't assign it!

I am considering becoming a teacher, probably english. But I can't stand teachers for the most part.[/quote']

A student's 'job' is to become employable when he finishes his formal education. If a student is unwilling to do the work until the last possible moment so as to just skate under the wire of 'passing'... then that student is unemployable. How's that for a waste of time?

I've employed and been employed with those individuals who exhibit such behaviors on the job. They do not last long and quickly develop a reputation that precludes them from even being considered for cleaning toilets or digging ditches.

Archived