Gibson Brands Forums

With Suburude's great LG-1 for sale, I figured I would post my own

ryanfender

I recently traded for a 1957 Gibson LG-1 from nid2007 here on the forum. Its a really great guitar with a unique and beautiful tone. It had a pickguard crack which I had fixed recently but it is very original. It is definitely a nice change of pace from my J-200. It has been fun experiencing my first vintage Gibson and wanted to share.

Thanks Neil, I couldn't be happier with our trade.

DSCF1604.jpg

DSCF1609.jpg

DSCF1608.jpg

DSCF1605.jpg

DSCF1612.jpg

DSCF1620.jpg

DSCF1614.jpg

[

Thanks Neil, I couldn't be happier with our trade.

You are very welcome..and I am loving the Strat...great trade. I'm so happy that LG-1 found a good home with someone who can use it for blues. It was such a waste having that beuaty sit in my office--it needs to be played..and my banner LG-2 gets all my strumming LG attention. For you Homecoming folks, Ryanfender's guitar received about $250 in work from Marcus Engstrom at the Villa...and what an amazing set up he did! One of the best feeling necks ever in my opinion.

I had an interesting discovery on my LG, when my luther was fix'in the pickguard crack he also cleaned it up a good bit. He used a little Napatha on the neck because its had a lot of black junk on it which started coming off. My luthier got a little scared thinking its was lacquer. Turns out, the guitar had 53 years worth of tar and nicotine stains on the neck from a previous owner that must of smoked heavily when playing it. If guitars could talk....... Anyway, you can now actually see the beautiful grain of the mahogany neck. I have also replaced the tuner buttons with ones from Willi Henkes (the original ones were starting to come apart), rehabbed the tuners a bit (now the original tuners turn smooth like they were new), and I added some bone bridge pins and a endpin (the ones that came with it were not original anyway.) I have been playing it every day and to be honest, I think my J-200 is getting jealous. Its such a comfortable guitar to play. Its the total opposite to my J-200 in every way which was exactly what I was looking for.

Archived