Gibson Brands Forums

First gig with new band

saturn

It's a benifit for Operation Homefront sponsored by the Parrotheads.

http://www.shoreupdate.com/meet-your-neighbor/parrots-and-thieves-band-together-to-help-wounded-warriors/

Good thing my B-52 amp is ready to be picked up today from the shop. Just in time for the gig.

I still play with my other bands, but we have no gigs lined up.

I was introduced to this new band through a mutual friend who said they were looking for a lead guitarist. Some of the songs they play aren't typically "my style" but they're all pretty simple and easy to learn.

It's kind of funny, the article has the drummer as the new guy. Actually they've all known each other for like 20 years. I'm the new guy. The photo was taken in the drummer's basement at rehearsal. I had just come from work and had my dirty machine shop clothes on. If I knew we were taking photos that day, I would have had a change of clothes [crying]

It's a benifit for Operation Homefront sponsored by the Parrotheads.

http://www.shoreupdate.com/meet-your-neighbor/parrots-and-thieves-band-together-to-help-wounded-warriors/

Good thing my B-52 amp is ready to be picked up today from the shop. Just in time for the gig.

I still play with my other bands' date=' but we have no gigs lined up.

I was introduced to this new band through a mutual friend who said they were looking for a lead guitarist. Some of the songs they play aren't typically "my style" but they're all pretty simple and easy to learn.

It's kind of funny, the article has the drummer as the new guy. Actually they've all known each other for like 20 years. I'm the new guy. The photo was taken in the drummer's basement at rehearsal. I had just come from work and had my dirty machine shop clothes on. If I knew we were taking photos that day, I would have had a change of clothes [biggrin

So I guess you are the guy with the Les Paul with the killer flame top.... ?

Archived