Gibson Brands Forums

Spring Cleaning......

onewilyfool

I am going to FORCE myself to get rid of some of my guitar stuff crap I have laying around. I have a lunchbab zip lock FULL of flat picks, and I don't even USE flat pics....lol. I got them from guitar shows etc over the years, free ones from Guitar center, here there and everywhere. Also, I have a couple of wonderful guitars that I am just not playing much anymore, and will probably part with them. I have reams of hand written songs and chords (some from the 70's!!) that are just no longer needed since Chordie.com. I have old strings from about the same era that are still in their pouch, but when I look inside are covered with corrosion....lol....why do I keep this junk??? I have some old 12 string sets, and I don't even OWN a 12 string. How does this junk accumulate???? Well, here's to your spring cleaning!!!!!

Hey OWF.....

I just did a fun "Pick exchange" with a guy on the AGF. He had some extra picks that were made up for the Seattle AGF get-together and offered them free to anyone who wanted one. I like collecting odd picks even though I rarely use them so I sent him a couple of picks I had (A new Snarling Dog "Brain" pick and an extra Rock & Roll Hall of Fame pick I had) and just got two different AGF Seattle picks from him.

I agree with KS Daddy... See if you can do some "Horse Trading". Remember the story of the Red Paper Clip, where the guy started trading with a Red Paper Clip and eventually ended up with a house or something! [blush]

Also' date=' I have a couple of wonderful guitars that I am just not playing much anymore, and will probably part with them. [/quote']

What's got two thumbs and just received a substantial yearly bonus? This guy.

I'm fixin' to order a BTO Taylor unless something awesome pops up in the next week, so I'm curious what yer willing to part with, wily.

Also, semi-related, if anyone's got a Goodall for sale, speak up!

I haven't narrowed the guitars down yet....Nodehopper keeps trying to talk me out of some of them.....lol.....but I will only deal locally. I've had some bad experiences with shipping, and money passing hands, and damage, etc on the web/long distance type of deals....so locally only.

Archived