Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Shop AJ

Eddie Rondack

When's the delivery date? I'll bet you're excited! I'd love to order a custom guitar..... oh' date=' the possibilities.

Why the wider neck/nut? Are you gonna do fingerstyle stuff?[/quote']

Should have it in about a month... I just like the wider nut width... for both flatpicking and fingerpicking. The standard AJ I used to own was one of the best sounding fingerpicking guitars I ever played...

Ordered a couple of weeks ago... standard AJ with the following changes:

- Adirondack top and braces

- 1.77" neck width at nut

- Drop-in (enclosed) saddle

What do y'all think?

From the perspective of a player, the drop n saddle is IMO preferable to the slot-thru saddle. I have some guitars with the saddle-thru design, and they are more of a pain for installation of a UST pickup. A few of them have USTs that have been installed after the fact, but they're still a pain!

The wider f'board suits you I am sure, but it would prove a detraction for me -- I like a 1 11/16" neck-at-nut width, and a shallow C profile.

The red spruce is an EXCELLENT upgrade -- you'll appreciate that in the short- and the long-term!

Need pics when it shows up!

Fred

What do y'all think?

Nice!! Sounds much like a "typical" Custom Shop AJ, except that you stuck with EIR for the back and sides -- which is not a bad idea at all. Should be awesome!

-- Bob R

Sounds amazing!!! I like the idea of the wider nut. My AJ at 1.725" is just a skootch narrower than my Taylor at 1.75". That extra width is lovely for fingerstyle. I also agree that the AJ makes for a pretty sweet fingerstyle player as well.

Congrats and I am looking forward to seeing photos.

Ordered a couple of weeks ago... standard AJ with the following changes:

- Adirondack top and braces

- 1.77" neck width at nut

- Drop-in (enclosed) saddle

What do y'all think?

I think your specifications are perfect! It will be an awesome guitar. Gotta love that red spruce...

Archived