Gibson Brands Forums

Question about a Gibson guitar

Flashgordon

Ah, got it now.

Seattle-Carrie4.JPG

I have no idea about Gibson acoustics.

Maybe post it over there in the acoustic section, you might get quicker answers.

Anybody know this one?

The massive pickguard must be a good clue...

Ah' date=' got it now.

I have no idea about Gibson acoustics.

Maybe post it over there in the acoustic section, you might get quicker answers.

Anybody know this one?

The massive pickguard [i']must[/i] be a good clue...

And the stars up the fretboard. It plugs in, though it may be a retrofit?

Yeah, I dunno...

I don't really follow The Who that closely - or acoustics, so I'm at a loss.

There are some guys on here who are pretty sharp in both regards.

They'll come along at some point in a day or two.

Like I said, post this over in the acoustic world too and you should get some good responses.

Welcome to the forum by the way...

I am not sure but the Everly Brothers were performers, common sense would dictate their signature guitar would have at the very least a passive under the bridge pickup.

Also, those huge pickguards would inhibit the top from vibrating thus not sounding all that great as an unplugged acoutsic.

But still I do not know for sure whether they have a pickup or not.

Those guitars are quite expensive especially the original run back in the late 60's early 70's, they were expensive when new and they are more expensive now that they are discountinued.

The very first one I ever saw was being played by Rudolph Schenker of the Scorpions.

Also' date=' those huge pickguards would inhibit the top from vibrating thus not sounding all that great as an unplugged acoutsic.

[/quote']

Any idea why the huge pick guard is there, then? Just to look cool, or did it have something to do with how the Everly brothers played?

Those guitars are quite expensive especially the original run back in the late 60's early 70's, they were expensive when new and they are more expensive now that they are discountinued.

I'm sure Daltrey can afford it, and this one looks old in close up photos, so I bet it's one of the original run. I've not heard he's a big collector, but I think he does have a little supply of good instrument.

Archived