Gibson Brands Forums

I've been listening to Tom Petty most of the weekend.

Twiz

Great song, and I've got the utmost respect for him (among Dylan and others) for sounding so good even though he "can't sing" by the book as well as what most say. He's what makes guys like me still trying to have a go at learning to sing :-

Great song' date=' and I've got the utmost respect for him (among Dylan and others) for sounding so good even though he "can't sing" by the book as well as what most say...[/quote']

Yeah, I agree. -You could probably throw Johnny Cash and Neil Young in that group as well. -Not that any of those guys can't sing, they just have their own sound. I'm not a huge fan of Tom's pop stuff, but even that is better than some of the crap out there today. I'm going to go see him play this summer when the tour hits Pittsburgh. I bet he'd be a cool dude to hang out with, & maybe burn one...:-

Yeah' date=' I agree. -You could probably throw Johnny Cash and Neil Young in that group as well. -Not that any of those guys [i']can't[/i] sing, they just have their own sound. I'm not a huge fan of Tom's pop stuff, but even that is better than some of the crap out there today. I'm going to go see him play this summer when the tour hits Pittsburgh. I bet he'd be a cool dude to hang out with, & maybe burn one...[blush]

You could be Twiz Wilbury.

Archived