Gibson Brands Forums

Active stage monitor?

sjl200

I was wondering what brands are the best suited for a medium hall type setting....

we need something to fold back the choir vocal and instruments (4 guitars).

We can not seem to hear each other with just the house PA flying speaker system..

Thoughts? do and don't? Stay away from? How many? (its a 20' stage area,off in the corner)

Not too expensive

Thanks

I was wondering what brands are the best suited for a medium hall type setting....

we need something to fold back the choir vocal and instruments (4 guitars).

We can not seem to hear each other with just the house PA flying speaker system..

Thoughts? do and don't? Stay away from? How many? (its a 20' stage area,off in the corner)

Not too expensive

Expense is always the prob. BOSE makes the L1 system that will allow you to hear yourselves exactly as the audience will hear you. It can handle a venue of up to 500 fairly easily. If you also get the Tone Engine you will be able to Custom Fit the acoustics for the venue fairly easily. It is around $3k. They have a great forum of musicians that help out as does this Gibson forum does and a software application that will help you design a good fit for a venue. go to BOSE homepage then click on musicians. "Lookin's Free"

Sorry I wasn't very clear about what I was thinking.

thoughts on :

The 125W Behringer EUROLIVEF1220A Active Monitor $199

Fender 1270P Powered Monitor $259

The Nady FWA-12 monitor 125W $289

Peavey PV 115 PM Powered Floor Monitor $399

This is a church group so funds are limited mostly because this is considered non-essential.

Thanks for the help.

Personally' date=' I'd buy another PA system, 200 watts or so, and run the line from the performance system into the new system, and use its speakers as monitors.[/quote']

Not an option

The PA is very good.

BUT where we are located in the church does not lend itself to being able to here what comes out to the "house" the board has monitor outputs we have very old unpowered speakers which would need a power amp so the thinking was get a new active monitor to fold back the pa sound so we can here the vocals something small power wise we think will be adequate.

Most of the guitars are acoustic and are miced or DI into the board or have a amp direct to the room (no mic)

Any one have experience with the speakers I mentioned?

thoughts on :

The 125W Behringer EUROLIVEF1220A Active Monitor $199

Fender 1270P Powered Monitor $259

The Nady FWA-12 monitor 125W $289

Peavey PV 115 PM Powered Floor Monitor $399

Archived