Gibson Brands Forums

Crate V-Series.

Josh James

Ok, so I was in the market for a smaller tube amp combo to gig with other than my 4X10 Deville. My buddy works at GC and told me to come in and try this Crate v3112 30 watt tube combo because it was only 250 used. I plugged in a standard strat and a SG Classic and what I heard was not what I expected. Killer Vox like tone on clean channel and snarling in your face overdrive channel. So, needless to say, I traded in a few things and ended up paying very little in cash for her. Anyone else have one of these bad boy's or played through one?

J

Ok' date=' so I was in the market for a smaller tube amp combo to gig with other than my 4X10 Deville. My buddy works at GC and told me to come in and try this Crate v3112 30 watt tube combo because it was only 250 used. I plugged in a standard strat and a SG Classic and what I heard was not what I expected. Killer Vox like tone on clean channel and snarling in your face overdrive channel. So, needless to say, I traded in a few things and ended up paying very little in cash for her. Anyone else have one of these bad boy's or played through one?

J[/quote']

I've played one, the V22 I believe. Nice amps for the money, my local shop is the only one that has them, and the guy wants 550 used. I told him to go put the amp up his... you know. I am never going back there, he has crappy stuff, and he sells above MSRP on some stuff.

I was surprised with it because everyone told me Crate is good only for metal and stuff like that, but the V Series sounds great

You can get some old school metal tones out of the overdrive channel for sure with a bucker. Yeah, alot of the local shops around here are the same way Fred...trying to make a extra buck or 100...lol I guess when GC comes to town the local shops need to compensate...I dunno.

J

Archived